Rims

CMF_jay85

» CMF Member
hey..... i got 17 inch on my micra and they were an easy fit.
looking to go to 18 inch and they to are an easy fit. you just can't lower it as much. mind you me and a mate been playin around and i can get the guard to sit about an inch over the 17"s and still be just driveable. still waiting for someone to make a set of springs for me so it is sitting high in the pic

Attachments

• 18186.jpg
    18186.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 37

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
i would go 15inch or 16inch maximum. if there two big it doesnt look very good. you want to be able to have the car sitting at a nice height to. too big a rim and you cannot lower car very much.
also bigger the rim the slower you go.

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi Stegg,

It's really up to you but I wouldn't recommend going larger than 15" unless you are building a "show car" rather than one to drive on the street.

Having really large wheels may look good but can actually spoil the performance, ride and handling of your car. It may also be illegal in your country to go larger than a certain size.

In Queensland it's illegal to fit an aftermarket wheel/tyre combination that is more than 15mm larger in diameter than the original factory rim/tyres (155/70R13).

This means they most common aftermarket sizes used here are ;
14" rims with 185/55R14 tyres (12mm larger than standard)
15" rims with 195/45R15 tyres (9mm larger than standard)

Good luck.

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
I just went to 16x7 with 205/40/16s and it looks great. Same style as Cisco but the colour is between brown/green/bronze with polished lip,Sorry don't have photos yet.

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah for looks:
16, 17, 20million

for performance:
- no more than 15"
- lightweight
- proper offset
- not too wide (15 x 6.5" would be the maximum I would go with)

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
14" rims are also excellent for performance on a Micra. If you have a Super S you can slam some 195/45R14 tyres on them (hard to find, but they are around) and have a rolling diameter VERY close to standard. Awesome acceleration!

Just a note too - Bob Jane currently have a stocktake sale on alloy wheels. Up to 60% off - rims from $70 each... BARGAIN if they're decent looking and lightweight.

CMF_robo

» CMF Member
It's so dam hard finding:
a) 15" rims
b) 15" rims you like

I spend ages shopping around found quite a few in factory catalogues but as soon as you approach a shop, first they look at you weird, as in "are you sure you mean 15's, what car is it for?" then when they speak to the distributor no one wants to bother with bringing them into the country.

But after all my hunting and searching it just so happened the exact rims I wanted in the exact style and size popped up on e-bay.

Long story short, I snapped them up.
Waiting on special delivery tyres to arrive before they go on the car.
I managed to source 185/45 R15 exact same rolling diameter as the stock 13's.

http://www.stamfordwheels.com/
Micra_SSW_01.sized.jpg

More Pics here: http://www.mys15t.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=SSW

CMF_robo

» CMF Member
Ok, don't laugh, but they are Nankangs.
Before you start crapping on them, and believe me, you have every right to, these are NS-2, which are the top of the Nankang range, I know that does not mean much, but some mates of mine use them for drifting and therefor are supplied them on their street rims and they seem to perform "adequately".
I am not expecting anything amazing, but as long as they do what's needed I will be happy for $105 a tyre.

http://www.nankangtyres.com.au/prodDetail.php?pid=1

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Yeh I'll be buying the NS2.

For the price they seem to be unbeatable. The next step up in price is a $150 Fulda (which I have since found is not that crash hot...) and then $180 to $240 for street rubber.

Crazy.

****e 185/45R15 would be low profile! I was seriously thinking of going with them last night but after sleeping on it... Thats just not enough rubber for the road I drive on to get to uni. *sigh*

CMF_robo

» CMF Member
Do you off-road your Micra?? :)
45 aint that bad, I had 40 series profile on my last car and that was fine.
A lot of people said that it would be too harsh, but I could not tell much difference from the stock rubber to the 18's.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
It may as well be an offroad track. Haha.

Its known as one of the worst roads in south east QLD. The one which runs next to it and has some good corners and scenery is about a zillion times better but I always use more fuel along it. :p This is undesirable for a broke uni student.

Back