Revs

R

Robin Cooper

Hi there

i have just bourght a rev counter 4 ma 1.3 (after maeket not nissan) and was wondering if some one cud tell me the redline and if you no what a [erfect change is?

cheers
rob

6900rpm is the norm limit. change at wherever you feel the most benefit from trial and error, everyone may have a different preference on this. when going as fast as i can i sometimes hit the limiter but try and change just before it kicks in.

nizzanz1 said:
6900rpm is the norm limit. change at wherever you feel the most benefit from trial and error, everyone may have a different preference on this. when going as fast as i can i sometimes hit the limiter but try and change just before it kicks in.

No point hitting limiter, I've just found the spec for the CG13 and the max output is at 6000.

You want to shift as you hit 6000 your power output is decreasing after this

hughes_16v said:
noticed my car seems to pull more around 3900rpm till about 6000rpm

Considering max torque is at 4000 it seems about right

Just aim to keep your revs between 4000 and 6000rpm

when you drop down a gear you lose more power than you would if you stayed in gear a lost a little power from the 6krpm peak. i think its best to go to just before rev cut. it could only be proved by doing 2 runs at say santa pod and doing the 2 different attempts.

Depends how good you are at gear changes, and whether you can change quick enough not to lose engine speed, you should be able to keep your revs around 4000 rpm after shifting. It's down to the driver skill not the car that

yes but i mean even if you shift to the next gear and go down to 5000rpm thats still worse for power compared to staying in gear until 6800rpm.

The rev limit is ~6900rpm
The red line is 6500rpm

and i also find shifting as close to the limiter as possible gives the best results, but i am using cg13 cams in a cg10.

kk thnx alot for all tht just shame that me car not workin now lol

Back