Recommended Lowering springs

Eibach springs would be my choice over all other springs.

They are selling just under £150 on ebay

I put 35mm Eibach springs on mine and have had an annoying clonk everytime the road surface changes. Both Nissan and an independent garage have had a look and cant see anything wrong. Be warned, I am not the only person on here to have the same probs with Eibach springs. grr

Slam

wagsig.gif

I put 35mm Eibach springs on mine and have had an annoying clonk everytime the road surface changes. Both Nissan and an independent garage have had a look and cant see anything wrong. Be warned, I am not the only person on here to have the same probs with Eibach springs. grr

Slam

I have in the past had the springs banging in the cups, if you put a thick plastic sleeve over the springs this may stop the banging.

Remember that cut springs are a grey area within the law, insurers may not cover your car if the springs are cut. Although the car may pass a MOT it would fail a VOSA road side check
Mike, you know my opinion on these things, law and MOTs and VOSA. They are just bullies to me. I dont think cut springs are anymore dangerous then lowering springs.

Mike, you know my opinion on these things, law and MOTs and VOSA. They are just bullies to me. I dont think cut springs are anymore dangerous then lowering springs.

You are entitled to your opinion however and this is a big HOWEVER, the law is there for a reason, if you wish to do stuff that is potentially dangerous or illegal then do not promote this on the MSC.

Mike

Mate stop being arsey. Im not promoting anything. Its just a fricking pic which is being posted all over the net, MSC not only by me. You cant deny these institutions are bunch of bullies making everybody's life more difficult. I'm not saying to drive with no MOT or Insurance, but enough is enough.

EDIT: Are you gonna lock this thread as well as any other for no reason?

You cant deny these institutions are bunch of bullies making everybody's life more difficult.

That's rubbish! If there was no MOT for example, would you feel safe on the roads knowing that potentially every car around you is unroadworthy and could put the lives of yourself or others at risk through bad condition? Then again based on your replies I'm assuming you'd be one of those people quite happy to put others at risk through botch modifying. Just because you 'can' do a mod such as cut springs doesn't mean it's safe and as stated, VOSA would pull your car off the road. The MOT test isn't thorough enough to determine if cut springs are safe - you're not bouncing over a bump at 70mph at the time. Do it once, and do it right - that's why they sell lowering springs.

mot is without a doubt good thing, but sometimes there is very thin line whats right to do and whats bullying. for example most of vosa road checks are near some car meet. why? apparantly its random. yeah, sure thing.
About my car. its perfectly save same as yours on your covely coiovers you can afford unlike others. and i would not put other people at risk, because there is no way how to. cut springs are as safe as lowering springs. its funny this is the only site when you even say the word cut its like an antichrist. wake up

It's the only car forum i've been on where people talk about it. All other sites i use talk about buying lowering springs or coilovers and not bodging it! And does it matter if Vosa road side checks are near car meets, your car should be safe enough to be on the road so you should have nothing to worry about if required to have one done. I'm sure if issued with a certificate or something, the next time you get asked you can just prove you've recently had one. I've been to loads of meets and events, and have never been checked, infact I didn't even know they did roadside checks on cars, it's usually lorries.

Well, you never been on retrorides then, quite a large website. Cutting spring is not bodging and unlike here people there know that. As soon as you do it properly its fine, but thats with everything not just springs. And yes vosa does check near meats. Its not about your car being not road worthy and make sure nothing changed from last MOT or road check, its about aiming their interest on one group of people which is bullying imo.

If you have nothing to hide though, why would you be bothered that there's a VOSA check point near where meets are being held?

You have to look at it from both sides of the coin, yes they probably have a check point there on purpose. Why? Because the statistics suggest that there will be a car there that's unroadworthy.

Even if it's as simple as someone having a decat that they swap with a cat for the MOT, it's still unroadworthy if tested by VOSA when there's no cat there. The law is the law, like it or lump it.

Edit: Sorry Leigh, none of this is helping your original question! Back to topic please guys.

Is your car a K11 or K12 - most of the pics in this Thread are K11
I fitted a set of BOGE lowering springs - 30mm and the car handles perfectly and is a great improvement on standard; it is still comfortable to use as well
Passed it MOT with them withour question. No problems with the fitment - just a normal spring change. Paid £90 incl P&P from e-bay but they are for sale generally.

Back