Rear wiper mod

Robert

Ex. Club Member
OK, i picked up a spare motor from the scrappy today, opened it up, and found this (sorry for poor quality):

s40202621lg.jpg

rather than whats in this guide.

any way i can do the mod using this?

If i went back and got an almera unit, would that fit?

just get one off a 2000-2002 micra as these park at the bottom as standard. they also have a nicer wiper arm (that's if you can find one in a scrappy).

mate you need to drill a hole in the opposite side and move the bolt to the opposite side :)

let me know if you need any help cos i've done loads of the convertions

ah, I'll give the drilling option a go before another trip to the scrapyard then..

Also, what size are the screws holding the casing on? As it was rivited before and needed drilling out.

Robert said:
No I didnt think about it at the time..

I know Nex is doing this soon, maybe he'll do one.

looking mint mate, if it were me i'd put it slightly lower so it was exactly horizontal but then thats just me lol :)

If I remember i'll try and do one this week... infact i can see an unmodded wiper motor from here lol, ;)

Maybe I'll move it a little lower then..
looking at it now, it could do with being a little more horizontal :)

Robert said:
Maybe I'll move it a little lower then..
looking at it now, it could do with being a little more horizontal :)

lol thats the spirit mate :) don't let perfection go to your head though or it will end up costing you the earth lol, i know i'm trying to buy all new bits for my engine!!! through nissan LOL

erm, good luck with that :p

I'm on for the night now, tools locked away in the garage, so i'll reposition it tomorrow.

Cheers for the help/feedback :)

Just been sent to tidy the shed so had a quick play, it doesn't want to sit any lower, so i guess it's gonna stay where it is :p

Still, looks better than it did.

think would look nicer is if the wiper stopped vertical on back window and moves side to side when turned on.

I just don't have one at all =/

That's what you get with a bottom of the range micra :p although it had a cigarette lighter, but my other one had a rear wiper but no lighter =/

Back