rear wheel bearings k12 1240cc

Has anyone on here changed the rear wheel bearings I suspect this is the problem there is a droning noise coming from the o/s rear area and it increases and decreases with speed so I assume its the bearings what would I espect to pay for the bearing kit.
regards
Lol

Dunno, think I paid Nissan about £80 to do mine - they are made of cheese :confused:.

My dad changed my offside rear wheel bearing...and my mums nearside too :p
the kit was about only £30 or so for a rear one...a front one costs closer to £50 I think
...but it took an awful lot of effort to get the damn thing in and out...my dad made his own jig with a big thread to force the bearing out by screwing a big bar of metal towards it holding the other end in a vice...the bar was physically bent by the time the bearing gave way...not a thin bar of steel either <_<
Was very worried afterwards as there appeared to be slight damage to the ABS ring, where the edge of the bar had gotten too close...luckily it had no ill effect *phew*

...you can get them from GSF with a 10% discount card thing for the £30...just sign up online or at the counter

however...I think in future...if it's only £80 i'd probably take mine to nissan next time....just don't tell my dad I said that! ^_^

Oh by the way...if you're unsure which side it's gone on go round a corner...see which side gets louder or quieter etc... LOL

ETA: "Made of cheese" LOL Love you Guy :p
my new bearing is a FAG ...my old one...i think, was actually the original...but it was a bit messed up to say for sure XD
at GSF you can get common cheddar versions...and the posher gouda type too ^_^

Actually Jen honey-bunny, one prefers one's wheel bearings made out of Roquefort cheese, it's even French yer know :D.

Ahhh guy darling, one does see what one...other is....on about :p dutch is posher though...right?
although, to be fair....posh cheese to me is Cathedral city instead of Asda smart price LOL

Gouda? Dunno if it's posher but it's definitely gooder (d'ya geddit :D?).

Back