Rear tint

rossmc

Ex. Club Member
Do you think it's too hard to tint K11 boot window at home with one of those film kits ? Anyone any tips on how to do it as its curved,etc?

rossmc said:
Do you think it's too hard to tint K11 boot window at home with one of those film kits ? Anyone any tips on how to do it as its curved,etc?

I think the easiest way to apply the film is to take the window out of the car, and do it in your garage or house (less dust flying about).
If you think it might take you a while, get another rearscreen or complete bootlid from a scrap yard to keep the rain/chavs out of you car while your tinting the other one.

I read in a magazine that, the best way to get the film to hold to the glass (with the backing film still on) while cutting it to size is wash the glass a few times with washing up liqiud and warm water, dry it and use 'talcum' powder on the glass.

Then when it comes to sticking the film on, (wash screen again to get rid of talcum powder + film) use a credit card to smooth out the air bubbles.

But ask someone who's done it before first

Grant said:
whats the going price having it all done proberly???

my mate got his corsa back windows and both his side windows done for about 150-200 iirc that was bout a year ago though..suppose it would be about the same as that..

when you do it do it in two sections...

top and bottom with the cut allong on of the demister lines so you cant see it join...

this will avoid any creasing, but you need to be quite accurate with your trimming... over lap it by a mill or two then trim to suit...take your time and doit right first time...

Glenn said:
my mate got his corsa back windows and both his side windows done for about 150-200 iirc that was bout a year ago though..suppose it would be about the same as that..

were they all legal tho??

all windows in mine cost £145 ex windscreen of course. Light smoke on fronts and limo on back. Was last June that!

Killa Systems Ashton Road, Oldham

Cheers - Kristian could you PM where you get your film from?

Have been quoted £190 for just rear windows locally

Back