rear speaker wires? where are they?

just got a headunit for the micra.... about time too n all lol

one question tho, where are the rear speaker wires hidden? behing the rear 1/4 plastics?

anyone that can shed some light on this? thanks all

Hi mate, your not that far from me!

What year is your car? Not sure if there are rear speaker wires in your car if its an earlier model. Mine is a 98' facelift that didnt come with rear speakers have rear speaker wire and plug fitted, hence fitting an OE Micra parcel shelf with OE Nissan speakers was straight forward.

In the boot, on the right hand side is some carpet liner, pull the liner back and you should see some wires and a yellow and white plug, the plug is for the rear speakers, looks a bit like this:

882342.jpg

Source: JessKat11 from:
http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/9380-Rear-Speaker-Connector-Picture

Hope this helps.

i doubt you gonna find them, probably gonna need to wire them from the headunit. if you dond have green/green black and purple/purple black wire on your iso adaptor (I assume you have one) then the wires aren't there.

ill have a look today and see what colours they are

There are 4 colours,

1. Black with Purple line
2. Red with Black line
3. Black with Yellow line
4. Red with Yellow line.

This is from a plug I took out of a scrap pre-facelift Nissan Micra SR, thought I might have needed it, turned out I didnt.

I fitted some rears into a parcel shelf on my facelift, as stated the wiring on facelift is there i think, but i found it easier to patch into the rear wires directly from the head unit.

hi anyone know where u cn get the speakers or the wires from the plug to the speakers from. as my micra has only 2 speakers and was interested in puttin in some rear parcel shelf ones
thanks

my wire came from halfords. thick pinky/orange stuff!! and was just a case of peeling back the carpet behind the driver side lights... my wires were already there!! hardest part was drilling the holes lol!!

Back