Rear disk axle.

davey1991

If its not scrubbing, its not low enough.
I've just won myself one, wondering weather its worth finding all the parts to convert to rear disk, are they hard too come by?
Also considering selling it are they desirable, rough value?
The final option is too cut the pan hard stud off it too weld onto my axle.

did you get just the rear axle? without the disks and pads and calipers etc?

because i would say the hard bit to come by is the calipers, or rather they are not hard to come by, just expensive.

Just the axle, i didn't bid on it to do a conversion i bid on it to canabalise it for the panhard stud but its made me think.

Probably just as well really as most calipers are seized anyway from being sat for so long and require to be exchanged for replacements. It's still good to have them though, as they have good exchange value for re-conditioned items. I re-built both of mine but they still played up, so I replaced them both that way. Not had a hitch since and am very much looking forward to having proper brake bias control as the stock proportioning valve is quite useless in any position.

As you say NeX getting hold of a pair of 2nd hand calipers is tricky and buying them new definitely isn't cheap, plus you need discs, pads and handbrake cable too unless you got it complete with the axle.

If it's a case of money, I'd just cannibalize it for parts and stick with drums, they work good enough for most :)

The only problem is i'd have to cut it up and if the axles worth anything to someone i'd be inclined to sell it as i'm rather short of funds.

Any idea on value?

if you just cut the pan hard stud off, someone could always weld theirs back on to it, as long as you do it neatly

You sure I put a rear axle with discs cable etc on eBay with a buy
Now of £200 and didn't get any intrest at all

For new parts yeh mate

New Calipers £165 x 2 = £330
Handbrake cables £60
Discs £65
Pads £25
Handbrake clips £3ish

Soon adds up, buying a complete 2nd hand is alot better option if you can get one

Back