Rattling/Grinding noise?

So when i was out today i noticed that when i change gear and accelerate out of low revs there is a slight rattling/grinding noise for a few seconds, very vague but would anyone have any ideas what this could be?

Thanks

I get this too, started about 18 months ago and nothing appears to be broken so ive just left it. Listen to your idle carefully, if the tone fluctuates slighty its more than likely the timing chain. Alot of micras do it.

Does it stop if you apply a bit of pressure to the gear lever. The linkage has a tendency to wear a little and vibrate.

Its not the gearstick return spring is it? When you push it to the left does it go back to center

so tried both these and don't think that what it is, thinking its maybe a loose bit of heat shield or something

will keep an eye on it and hopefully it doesnt get worse untill next time i can get it looked at

...or, if you're like me, it could just be a cd case rattling in the door pocket....

Sent from the Magpie's magical nest using mad avian skills...

I had loads of stuff rattling behind my dash. So i took the glove box and center pocket out to find some crisps, a parker pen, 3 bottles of water, money and some other junk :)

Case solved, one of the clips holding the heat shield on had rusted through and was rattling about. Removed now.

Should I get a new jubilee clip to hold down the heat shield?

Or should I just remove the heat shield, will this cause any problems with mot?

Back