Radio code

I have just found this site after paying 30 euros to get my radio code !! I now have the code but it is much longer than the 4 digits mentioned in the handbook. I have just learned from a prev. post that I need to leave the car on for an hour but is this code likely to work? I am now living in Belgium and have a manual that is only in French and Flemish! Thanks in advance for any help

Firstly the code is only 4 digits as you said you will need your serial number from radio found on rear of unit IE BP6537X8902874 X been another number or letter this number illustrated would give you a code of 9587 the code you have wont work, if you join as a bronze member there is a thread dedicated to imputing the code in the k11 section however I dont know if anyone else is using the software to give the codes out I used to but as im not a paid member anymore I cant access this section, and sorry I cant give you it either as then there would be no point of having it for paid members only....

Hi this is me with a bit more info. the code I have been given is 9 digits.
chassis number SJNFBAK12U1322880. del date 01/10/04.

Thanks again for nay help anyone can give me.:(

Julie, it's not the chassis number you need, it's the serial number of the head unit. It's usually on a sticker stuck to it :).

thanks for the info. As I have just paid a local nissan dealer 30 euros and waited for an hour I think maybe I should go back to them, will prob have to beg help fom someone who speaks better French than me ! they took the car into the woorkshop so I presume they took the radio out to get the number, i can' t see any number that looks like a radio serial number on my paperwork though .

think a phone cal to the dealer is required, they have not put anynumber on the paperwork that looks like the number from the radio. I think the info i have was faxed to nissan they called me with the 9 digit code today. goodness knows what they did for an hour ! think they must have gone off to lunch !!

Firstly is the car a k11 if so there are loads of threads that tell you how to remove radio if you can wield a screwdriver you can remove it.....take out ash tray remove the 2 screws behind it then remove the 2 screws at top of center fascia (covering heater controls ect) you can then pull off that cover you will see 4 screws holding the radio in remove these and pull radio towards you no need to unplug read BP serial number this is the number you need. then you can do one of 2 things pay nissan again or pay 10 quid for a years subscription to this site and I will give you a code for this and any other nissan radio you have while your a member, I cant do it any other way as there were too many people coming here making one post getting code and not coming back, and I promised kev that this is the only way anyone can get a code here.......(Y)

dash1.jpg

Thanks for the advice everyone. Would quite happiy have paid £10 here if i had looked here before I paid the 30 euros !! It would have saved me a lot of time! Have now got the code and its great to have some music again !
Thank again

Back