radiator overflow bottles...

smidge

» CMF Member
so after a bit of trolling around forum i've seen quite a few have broken theirs

mines got a dirty big hole in it which i'd like to fix...

an oil catch can or custom jobby could be good, or maybe i'll just go search the wreckers till i find something that will kinda fit and mod it from there...

whats everyone else done?

CMF_MicraNut

» CMF Member
Might be a good idea to search the wreckers until you find one or buy a new one. The problem with trying to repair expansion tank as with everything else is that they could go wrong leading to problems i.e. leaks and overheating to name a few. i think yer better off buying a new or used expansion tank smidge, to be honest.

Attachments

• 27460.jpg
    27460.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 32

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
They are to come by. It least over here, all the cars I've ever looked at in the wreakers has the bottle cracked, busted big or missing.
I've not priced a new one, but even if they are expensive when taken over it's life of 12 yrs, maybe not too bad.

Mychael

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
They're not expensive brand new from nissan.

I mean they are expensive for what they are... But considering its a brand new Nissan part they're pretty good value.

Cheers

CMF_jay22

» CMF Member
ive been looking at doing that. and if you find a oil catch ccn big enough you could use that or i have seen on the net somewhere for commodores, a chrome tube that bolts to the side of the radiator and thats your overflow bottle. if your dressing up your engine bay would look really good with a bit of chrome in there.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Just a note.. Don't go changing your cooling system...

The micra's is small but quite efficient. They don't overheat in australia. That is saying something. But if you go changing things you could ruin the perfect balance nissan has found.

Honestly its cheap insurance to just buy the new part from Nissan.

Back