question for my brake upgrade?

hey all jus wanted to ask about my brakes which im planing 2 now change b4 my conversion...iv managed to get hold of the rear axle from the 1.3 super s which has the anti roll bar etc, will i need to replace my existing one for this so that i can have the rear disc brakes and would it be a straight swap?also there are 2 sensors running to each disc on the axle, which i believe are for the ABS, if not what are they? and will i need them?

I also want to change the front brakes so would like to no wot brakes could go on straight no probs without mods...?

thanx

It will be easier to change over the whole axle, it might even be worth changing the bushes as well whilest the axle is off the car.
Without the sensors plugged it, you won't have ABS, but as your car doesn''t have that anyway (what year is it?) it is not worth pluigging them in. If you are lucky the plugs might be in the boot of the car.
Most straightforward swap for the front brakes is 1.6 Almera ones, what are you using the car for? Rear disks are only really needed in hardcore applications.

So the axle shud be a straight swap rite witout modin anything? my car is 2002 k11(facelift)but it doesnt hav ABS, il check if its in he boot but i very much dought it...cool so the 1.6 almera brakes wil b ok, are they vented discs? im gona convert it either 2.0 or 1.6 , still plannin at the moe...just really wanted the rear discs for show as they are rairly found on micras..

Yes, Almera disks are vented, axle should be a straight swap, but you will need to change the handbrake cab le and most likely brake lines to go with the disks and although the brakes will fit behind 13" wheels, I'd advise 14s or aove, although I think the later micras came with 14"steels?

it will bolt straight on, with yours not being too old the trailing arm bolts should come out easy enough, but sometimes they get rusted and a hard to remove. also the panhard rod can be a beach! i think the abs sensor connectors are either side of the rear seat base. but its not worth connecting these as you don't have abs. i'd possibly just cut the wires off the sensors so there's still somethink in the hole.

cheers

thanx alot cos im actually about to go and do it now so jus wanted to no any probs i cud encounter but its straight forward so great :) yea that axle was a murder to get off cos it was so rusted etc so in the end we has to use a hack saw cos the car was on top of two ova cars lol ina scrapy so we were all doin a balancing act...iv got 15" on mine so il be cool but thanx for letin me no m8...

1 more thing...aparently the back wheel will lock up very easily now if pull the hand brake up...is dat true cos i dnt have the ABS...? il rite bk if i do hav any probs ScoPeZ

1 more thing...aparently the back wheel will lock up very easily now if pull the hand brake up...is dat true cos i dnt have the ABS...? il rite bk if i do hav any probs ScoPeZ

the handbrake isn't as god on disc brakes compared to drums. you'll be fine with it. even if it had got abs, it wouldn't affect the handbrake anyway although it'd still pulse the brakes to try and stop the skid, so you'd still be able to do handbrake turns.

Back