» CMF Member
back runner

Attachments

• 34840.jpg
    34840.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 27

smidge

» CMF Member
now that you know exactly where the holes in the brackets need to be why not make up some thick new ones and paint em black etc

also try and get the best quality bolt you can where the seat joins the new rail as the cheap hardware store ones will sheer off given enough force (ie, they are brittle)

how good are replacement seats tho huh!!

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
sarge3uk

looking good !
the important one of the 4 mounts/bolts is the one near the seatbelt stalk, if there,s any flex in that one, you might end up headbutting the windscreen in a frontal impact !!

CMF_sarge3uk

» CMF Member
well theyve passed here in the uk so dosent matter i new turbo would have something to say no movement in the seat and hold me so well there steel aswell cheers for good comments guys except one

ALWAYS BAD COMMENTS FROM TURBO must have it in for me

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
I have to agree with turbo on this one. If this came into my workshop for a rego check I would have the rta come out and inspect it. I guarantee it would be knock back & the engineer that passed it would either cop a serious warning or loss of licence for 6 months. Seats are a safety item. If those mounts snap in an accident your going to be seriously injuried or die.

sarge3uk WROTE:

"well theyve passed here in the uk so dosent matter i new turbo would have something to say no movement in the seat and hold me so well there steel aswell cheers for good comments guys except one<BR><BR><BR>ALWAYS BAD COMMENTS FROM TURBO must have it in for me

lol, maybe when you do something good, i'll have something good to say..dunno what your drama is.. just stating the obvious.. they are made of steel, and that IS BIRD **** WELDING.. ie, looks like bird **** (thats what we call it over here.. not saying your a **** welder), and that wouldn't pass anything in australia.. i'd love to live over where you's are.. cause the legalities over here are so strict, and always changing... not even the police know what is right and wrong half the time.
if you have a good read over what everyone else has posted. there all telling you to use better material, next time i'll select my words carefully, and sugar coat it.

CMF_sarge3uk

» CMF Member
im sorry i snapped im jus depressed i lost my uncle yesterday and i was really close ive been snappy with everyone sorry mate hope we can be mates the welding looks crap on the pics but its not bad welding by my boss its jus a really crappy parada phone

sarge3uk WROTE:

"im sorry i snapped im jus depressed i lost my uncle yesterday and i was really close ive been snappy with everyone sorry mate hope we can be mates the welding looks crap on the pics but its not bad welding by my boss its jus a really crappy parada phone

sorry to hear it.. no good losing someone close to you. sounds like we've both had family stuff happening lately. just had a baby here last week, so its no sleep for anyone in the house.. hope all goes well, for you, your family and your car!

smidge

» CMF Member
its usually a good measure of how good your work is and how much criticism you can take from turbo...

if it weren't for the fact all his work is done to a really high standard, i woulda stopped listening ages ago

like i said, you know the exact size the mounts need to be so you could cut up new ones and probly cost all of twenty bucks to get them welded together... thats what i'd do anyway, make some up that fit and work and then get an awesome looking set made (or even better, get a FEW made then make your money back selling to fellow micra owners)

all the best mate

smidge WROTE:

"its usually a good measure of how good your work is and how much criticism you can take from turbo...<BR><BR>if it weren't for the fact all his work is done to a really high standard, i woulda stopped listening ages ago<BR><BR><BR>like i said, you know the exact size the mounts need to be so you could cut up new ones and probly cost all of twenty bucks to get them welded together... thats what i'd do anyway, make some up that fit and work and then get an awesome looking set made (or even better, get a FEW made then make your money back selling to fellow micra owners)<BR><BR>all the best mate

lol. you's are a bunch of funny bastards.. like snoopy said, when it comes to anything holding you into the car, its gotta be good ****, its your own safety.. anyways, peace out.

Back