Poor Micra :(

There's a Micra I saw quite often, it was actually for sale so I was considering ringing the guy up and asking about it, until this happened one day...

QFmqG.png

Had me a bit shocked to say the least :eek:

Wonder what happened there?

It's not even a dodgy area, I'm quite surprised. Nothing happened to any of the other cars so it seems like the guy who owns that one ####ed some people off.

Shame indeed :(

Maybe someone has tried to wire up a cd player? I've seen it happen in a corsa, someone set the car alight after not fitting one properly!

Maybe someone has tried to wire up a cd player? I've seen it happen in a corsa, someone set the car alight after not fitting one properly!

How would that happen? I ask because I just fit a stereo in my Brabus, and had to cut and crimp all the wires (to fix the cut and crimped BADLY wires from previous owner!).

Did it well as far as I know, and taped all the connections over the crimps for extra insulation. You've made me paranoid though :p

How would that happen? I ask because I just fit a stereo in my Brabus, and had to cut and crimp all the wires (to fix the cut and crimped BADLY wires from previous owner!).

Did it well as far as I know, and taped all the connections over the crimps for extra insulation. You've made me paranoid though :p

Wiring a live to an earth then bodging a fuse with foil so it doesn't blow would do some damage, a loose live striking earths with loose fibre around could catch alight also

I see. So the fact I've wired live to live, earth to earth, insulated it properly, and not bothered any fuses... should be ok? :)

I'd imagine you'll be fine ;) lol
I always fit a fuse in the live if run straight off the battery or ignition, the ignition has a fuse anyway but I'm sure it's a 30amp in some cars where as I think 30 amps would fry a cd player if they don't already have a fuse fitted in them (most cd players have a fuse in the back)

Back