poor k10

O

ohc_turbo

think i know what the prob is but need confirmation

the car only started doing this a few dys ago

fine on idle, then if you put load on the engine it wants to cut out and die, running verry poorly (on 3 or maybe 2?) untill i put my foot right to the floor and it sorts itself out.

think it might be a fueling prob, the idle dosent come from the primary jet so it would idle properly, the secondary jet only come in when the pedal is depressed quite a lot down and it sorts itself out when the secondary jet is running so it must be something to do with the primary jet?

does the primary jet turn off and the secondary jet take over or do they run in tandem as if they do run in tandem my theory dosent make any sense.

what do you guys think, electrical prob or fueling?

ignition problems

I had a similar problem a while ago, i replaced the plugs, the distributor cap, rotor arm, condenser and breaker points, then checked the timing. You could tell that it made a big difference but the problem remained. Finally i changed all of the HT leads and "hell yeah!" the problem disapeared completely. now runs like a beute. Good luck- could be just a loose connection though

thanks for reply, i did change leads and plugs with no avail, but i was desperate so i bought a whole 1.2 gsx on e-bay for £60, mainly for the carb, swaped them over and all was fine.

cheers

Back