Pod filter

:)

Attachments

• 1395588184670.jpg
    1395588184670.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 279
Dyno has proved they lose you power. Also give you loads of flat spots through the rev range.

Run it to someplace where it will take in cold air, it will just take in warm air and lose power as a result straight on top of the throttle body.

The whole cold air feed debate has gone on for years but several times people have tested different filter placements and a few have even fitted air temp sensors ( including myself) and after 25-ish mph the engine bay temps drop to outside temperature.

The induction noise is the engine working to draw air in (power loss)... whereas a quiet one has a steady air supply and doesn't have to work for it (miniscule gains)
That's how I've always known it

Last edited:
I just drilled some holes in my air box (filter side of course) and cut off the resonator pipe, which cost me nothing. Gives a pretty much identical sound, not sure if it has the same effects to power though, haven't noticed anything.

Thanks for replys! :) i think pod filter is more for sound than power.....and one more question, would it damage the engine if its on the throttle body? ;)

No, won't damage it at all mate. Hot air from engine bay will reduce power further at low speeds where cool air isn't flowinf into the engine bay. That bit about flatspots was assuming it was going straight onto the throttle body, with some correctly sized hose between the two you can reduce the flatspots some, but lose a lot of the induction noise depending on where its placed

Back