plugging my Xbox into my pc......

R05_Micra

Ex. Club Member
kk, i have a pc with a tv card thing (telle airel gos in for tv+freveiw) i pugged my xbox in, but it wouldnt work, i have a 19" LCD monitor thats all, and as its my tv, its all i have lol. anyone know what i need? looked on google but its all american, cheers guys!

Mines hooked up to a switch box which changes from PC to xbox in the flick of a switch, so i dont have to have both on if I dont wish to... Mind you I have Dual screen.

strange, you should be able to plug it into the composite in (yellow din plug), are you on the correct channel for your TV card.

@daren, the original xbox doesnt support the signals for VGA monitors like the 360 does.

the original xbox doesnt support the signals for VGA monitors like the 360 does.

Does if you know how :D
The the monitor is VGA only then the xbox needs to be running a VGA BIOS.

Best bet though is this
I had one to use on a spare PC monitor and that looked great on it's own, on an LCD will look good!

in a proper upscaled resolution? i doubt his is hacked though, but what your talking about is illegal :p

It works all fine, it downscales the HD signals, but thats not a problem if using a non HD monitor.

Doesn't have to be chipped or "hacked", that makes it easier to do compared to fitting a new VGA BIOS chip

But again, the X2VGA is simplest way to go and can be used on other devices

Regarding your first post Rich, how are you plugging it into the PC, via the ariel plug?
If so, have you tried to re-tune it?
If it has composite in (yellow) hopefully you have the composite lead for the xbox, use that but you'll need an external audio device or composite to 3.5mm jack to use through PC

rights, guys, im lost lol, hers a few pics. sorry about blurry pics but it has got a yellow plug thing next to the airel, i dont know what lead your onabout tho phil.

Attachments

• 07270001.JPG
    07270001.JPG
    328.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 07270002.JPG
    07270002.JPG
    347.9 KB · Views: 144
  • 07270003.JPG
    07270003.JPG
    334.5 KB · Views: 161
  • 07270004.JPG
    07270004.JPG
    341.7 KB · Views: 133
  • 07270005.JPG
    07270005.JPG
    343.5 KB · Views: 150
  • 07270006.JPG
    07270006.JPG
    349.4 KB · Views: 115
kk ian, how do i do that? rig all my xbox up to the pc, the way you would to a tv and......... look for it in media centre (where tv n things are) or through the actual system, your on my MSN but you aint online, cheers ian.

depending on how your looking for it, you probably won't see it in any channels, you will however find it if you scan the range. Not used media centre so im not sure how to do it, but it should be fairly easy to find. If its not on the main interface, go through the options and look for channel presets and try to add a new one, you would be able to scan from there most likley. I am however guessing this as ive not used it before.

Back