Plastic Strip On Side Of Door

Zephyr

Ex. Club Member
Hey guys u know the plastic strip (usually grey) on the side of the car door how is that stuck on is it with holes into the door or just stuck on with glue or such...i got the stright strips type, not the horizontal type triangles if u get what i mean...lol

Most of them are just stuck on, not heard of one with holes!

What micra is it? Mine is a 1.0 shape and they were stuck on...

For what I know they are held on there by a nasty dubbelsided tape. No holes. Mine are glued with that stuff, 1998 straight horizontal strip...

yeah they are simply glued on, can be removed easy enough, the only hard bit is getting the glue off after, expect a day with intensive tar remover and a rag to get it all off. then t-cut the paint to restore the original colour.

Dave

what tools can you use to get them off? or is it fairly easy just to use your hands?..i think i might give this a go at the weekend.

Unlikely the paint will come off - It did on mine but the paint had bubbled where the strips were not stuck on properly in the first place!.

Heat them up with a hairdryer and use a credit card or something to cut away at the glue.

Then use some turtle wax bug and tar remover to get rid of the last of the glue.

RE: RE: Plastic Strip On Side Of Door

kneival said:
Then use some turtle wax bug and tar remover to get rid of the last of the glue.

or if it does remove some paint u will seriously regret uing this tuf as the silicone in it will rpevent you from spraying the car without cutting right back to th primer insead of a simple brush in.

DO NOT USE turtle wax if u wax your car opr polish it make sure it has NOT got silicone addatives if u are to thnk of painting the car

ie if your saying your car dont use WD40 ne were near the car

For anyone that is thinkin of doin this, i have just done mine..took like 15 mins to rip the plastic bits off and then i used a sander tool at my dads garage and took like 1/2 hour to get the glue off..very easy job, i will get pics up some time!

strips

they are glued on, use boiling hot watter and a credit card to get them off.
easiest way to get rid of the left over glue is to get in touch with a body shop and get hold of a fudge wheel.
this goes on to a drill and brushes glue off.
be aware not to hold in same place for a long time as it takes the paint off.

griff

Back