PistonHeads.com: Wardens Told To Stop Clamping Motorists

Clamping is illegal imo and should've never been allowed in the first place. It refrains you from your enjoyment with your vehicle and so breaks european laws on 'freedom of movement and personal enjoyment'.... I've parked illegally a few times in my life but then who hasn't?

People do things....everyday. They have to go places to do these things and if they have a problem doing these things then as human beings we think of the easiest way around the problem. If i have to go the Post office is there any parking? Probably yes but for a few cars when there's 20 trying to get in at the same time. The PO has not kept up with the rising customer base. What about newsagents? They have loads of custom i'll bet but the parking outside of these places is worthless nowadays so hence the parking on double yellows as well as parking on pavements (which SHOULD be against the Law but isn't).

I'm all for keeping the Traffic flowing like it should but it does help if the local council know where these places of Law breaking are situated and make steps to alleviate parking problems so that ordinary people don't have to receive a ticket for going about their daily grind trying to make this country run.

and so they should! clamping only means trapping the vehicle there, mostly in a illegal parking space, for an extended time potentially affecting the flow of traffic.

then there is the making money side of things if someone has illegally parked somewhere i think it would be fair to slap tickets on the windscreen and repeat if needed but clamping doesnt solve anything!

my mate had his car clamped parking in a residential space in london, he couldnt see the sign at the very start of the road and there were no lines. he waited 2 hours for someone to arrive to unclamp at a cost of £200 plus £60 for the ticket. absolutely ridiculous!

Back