PistonHeads.com: Speeders To Be Sampled

That really does seem excessive, may as well just get everyone DNA'd at birth and get it over and done with.

just found a funny quote on another forum

If they want my DNA for a speeding fine, then they'd better come tooled up, because they ain't getting mine without the mother of all fights!!

hahaha

I thought about that idea Ed. I don't see why they don't DNA us all at birth, it would solve a whole world of problems straight away for the bums that break the law and leave trace behind.

I'm afraid I don't have that much faith in such an idea.

I thought that there had already even been talk of that - it is the way that society here is heading, but let's face it, that is only one step away from monitering where we all are at all times, oh wait, they want to do that with pay-by-the-mile road tax...

oh yes and pay per mile will be on top of car tax as according to dvla that is for owning a car that is used on the road not driving one!

is it actually going ahead or what? I thought the petition proved them wrong. National strike it is if they bring it into force :)

Ha, petition prved nothing wrong, the incumbent government (at least under Blair) didn't listen to the general public - nor even the second chamber, for example tuition fees.

It wont happen for a while, it was all (apparently) blown out of context iirc.

SammoRant: (sorry)

SPEED is not the single most significant factor in road safety...(and it boils my hiss that this is such a huge political bandwaggon).....however, it is one of the most easily measured and enforced factors.

It would be nice if the SPEED fanatics would get away from SPEED alone and move more towards educating the masses as to the difference between appropriate and inappropriate use of speed for the circumstances!

There are other directly related physics factors that are equally contributive to road safety; such as 'distance' and 'time'. UNFORTUNATELY these are not as easily measured or enforcable...this is why there is such a huge and agnoying emphasis on SPEED.

Other examples of hugely contributive factors that can't easily be measured or enforces are

1) ATTITUDE
2) The low level of driving skill that is taught and that must be demonstrated in an L-Test in order to grant a drivers licence ...once only in 50 years (ish)

Aye, I think it is good news that they have proposed new measures for youg drivers, such as 18 being the test age and nopt being allowed to take out passengers after dark for a specified time - the best thing that they have done (or might do) for road safety in years, although lowering the drink-drive limit is also exellent.

Why don't they just take our cars off us and put us all on tag, the government is bringing out new laws to distract us, if they didn't we would notice they were doing a crappy job.
This money DNAing people would be better spent on education or the NHS.

Back