PistonHeads.com: Rural roads are biggest killers

Clearly its not the roads that are killers but the people driving on them, why can't they just let things be. Theres going to be risk in anything you do in life, and if you want to drive fast down a country lane then you take the risk.
If i wasn't comfortable with my friends driving i would get him either to slow down or get out the car.
However no doubt more enforcement will be called for etc etc etc. The nanny state strikes again!

The roads infrastucture is knackered. Dorset has a shortfall of 100 million....they're 10 years behind on the road building schedule due to cutbacks....why do people bother to buy Tax for their car...why don't we just put 2 fingers up at the Law?

Ooh can't do that...:glare:

The roads infrastucture is knackered. Dorset has a shortfall of 100 million....they're 10 years behind on the road building schedule due to cutbacks....why do people bother to buy Tax for their car...why don't we just put 2 fingers up at the Law?

Ooh can't do that...:glare:

seconded, imagine if every single road user in britain didnt pay there car tax at the same time. I wonder what would happen?

people shouldnt be afraid of there goverments, goverments should be afraid of there people. a shiny penny to the person who can tell me the film that qoute comes from.

If everyone stopped paying tax the government couldn't do s### as they need out taxes to pay for court costs etc to fine us.

Not surprised really, the lanes where I live are so narrow you can hardly get two cars past each other without one having to go off-road. If you come round a corner and meet a tractor, forget it. You have to do 20mph round every bend.

most of the county lanes in Wales are quite poor, the only good example of country lanes i know is in Leicestershire area, good condition roads and nice wide lanes (equivilant to two lanes in Wales !!)

Back