PistonHeads.com: Road charging now inevitable?

well firstly i would rather pay whatever tax i am paying now to keep that tracker away from my car and secondly why vote when it does not matter? they will still go ahead! :sick:

Pathetic. If the government refuses to listen to 1.7 million people I find that inexcusable. Road charging really annoys me as a concept - god knows the motorist already suffers enough at the hands of the government. At the end of the day the motorist is seen as a source of cash. Will road charging stop people using their cars? No, of course not. People will just put up with having to pay even more to exercise their personal freedom. This is not about solving congestion, it is about raising money. Almost enough to make me want to move abroad.

Pathetic. If the government refuses to listen to 1.7 million people I find that inexcusable. Road charging really annoys me as a concept - god knows the motorist already suffers enough at the hands of the government. At the end of the day the motorist is seen as a source of cash. Will road charging stop people using their cars? No, of course not. People will just put up with having to pay even more to exercise their personal freedom. This is not about solving congestion, it is about raising money. Almost enough to make me want to move abroad.

What would they do if nobody paid the new tax, or people refused to fit the new devices? they cant arrest 1.whatever million people for doing so. The fine's they issue would probably be cheaper than paying the new road tax anyway.

Britians roads the one of the most expensive in the world, mostly down to the goverment, and they're making it worse! How on earth are they still in power?

Back