PistonHeads.com: Police Pimp Own Ride

young drivers come over to have a look at the van - which is fitted with a pumping sound system - they are hit with information on how to stop being a nuisance.

there being the nuisance

can't remember where i read this once said:
Loud cars blaring music are anti social & a nuisance for residents etc etc

Complete contradiction to the above quote I remember from somewhere, that a meat wagon's got loud ice pumping crap tunes out the back! Trying to fit in on the scene, but that's probably down to trying to get them more respect and nothing to do with teaching them anything.

Waste of money...tax payers no doubt.

I don't suppose anyone from the force got in touch with Martini/Bacardi to ask for permission to use their trademark/copyrighted logos/colour scheme etc?

better idea would be for 2/3 police cars to "attend" the cruise as if they were there for the same reason as everyone else, take the high powered cop cars and sit with the bonnets open etc so they mingle in.. they will gain respect and people will want to talk to them.

This works loads on the biker scene where cop bikers used to just park up, grab a coffee and walk round chatting to people.. they didnt mind letting ya sit on the bikes or anything... that was the way to go.

This works loads on the biker scene where cop bikers used to just park up, grab a coffee and walk round chatting to people.. they didnt mind letting ya sit on the bikes or anything... that was the way to go.

That's very true, but bear in miund that most bike cops are bikers as well, the ride is as important as and often more enjoyable than the job for them, I've had a lot of laughs at rallies with bike cops, can the same be said for traffic cops in cars ?

in hull they have a lambourghini gallardo police car, my uncle works there as a firearms instructor and showed me a pic of it... lost it now unfortunatley... they also have a subaru impreza! i think they should bring those to the shows to say: 'think your fast... we're faster'
not: 'think your loud... we're louder'

Police in my area are making a huge inpact on legitimate cruiseing at the moment my dad actually wrote the guidelines on cruising and how to police them with my input (im also in the force) and there has been a huge positive impact on cruising (legal i might add) in this area i feel it is about time for the police to come up to date with this culture as it is still growing contray to what is said in the media.

Surely by now they would realise they aren't going to stop cruises?
If they just worked with clubs it would make everything so much easier, for them and us!

there is a diffrance between ''boy racers'' and people who just modifiy there car....boy racers go to cruises and pull burnouts and are mostly chavs who are scum anways...

with them acting idiots the police think everyone with a modified car is chavvy boy racer who acts an idoit..witch is wrong and we are getting stero typed for having a modified car.... iam not saying we always follow the rules, but we follow more rules than boy racer chavs.

IMO lol

So what about the fact that they are probably going over the certain decabels (sp) they are allowed? I know someone who was warned by the police for having a ICE system that was too loud! And as Arnold says, prob our money thats paid for the damn thing anyway.

there is a diffrance between ''boy racers'' and people who just modifiy there car....boy racers go to cruises and pull burnouts and are mostly chavs who are scum anways...

with them acting idiots the police think everyone with a modified car is chavvy boy racer who acts an idoit..witch is wrong and we are getting stero typed for having a modified car.... iam not saying we always follow the rules, but we follow more rules than boy racer chavs.

IMO lol
Hear hear. My thoughts exactly!

Back