PistonHeads.com: Fuel Strike Fear Sparks Emergency Plans

If public transport to Boro from Redcar wasnt so scruffy, poorly kept, expensive and badly managed (no offence to the drivers, they do their job well considering what they have to drive) I`d be upset about fuel prices now i have my first car, but to be honest its about as cheap to run a car there each day and its more comfortable

Well I have to leave at 7:45 to get to work by 8:30. If i were to take public transport I would have to leave at 6:30 to get there for the same time, and it's just the same on price. I have no option but to drive.

Think I might go fill up the Primera, Am getting over 400 miles to the tank, so it's all good!!

Might go fill up the Orion too, just so I can Siphon it later if need be! hehe.

Yeah the best thing about my dads job is he Siphons fuel from cars to be scrapped, so i get plenty :D, managing about 43mpg roughly atm, and thats when i dont drive as economical as i could at all.

I can understand peoples frustration over it though, since it affects the economy as a whole, increased fuel price = increased cost of logistics = increased price to the consumer in store = people looking for cheaper alternatives = alot of firms (including logistics firms) competing on price and therefore loss of profits and usually jobs = less taxes being payed to gvt = increase in fuel duty...

Back