PistonHeads.com: Computer Says 'No'

It'l probably be as reliable as NATS! and end up being a total disaster.

I'd never trust a computer when it comes to something like that

It'l probably be as reliable as NATS! and end up being a total disaster.

I'd never trust a computer when it comes to something like that

Don't diss NATS!!!! It's grrrrrreat

On a serious note! I don't like the sound of this, sounds like more harm than good.

It's a good idea in principle, but only in principle. People like to control their cars, not the cars control them!

if it were to be optional like a button on a dash and was to slow the car down if you were heading to something in front of you too fast to possibly stop in time it would be good but i dont see the point in it other wise if your taking your foot off the accelerater chances are your about to brake anyway :S

Just as long this computer isn't run by Microsoft.

Application "brakes.exe" has performed an illegal operation and must be shut down.

Would you like to send an error report to Microsoft?

[Y] [N]

Would you like windows to inform your next of kin of most certain death?

[Y] [N]

Serious note, computers should not be left to make decisions like this! A warning is ok, but if it takes control it could be disasterous!!!

Put a bit of tape over the sensor and it'll keep applying the brakes all the time, sounds a great way to wind someone up.

Thats a point actually. What happens to dirty 4x4's or cars caked with mud!! It'll be the law to keep your car spotless next!!

What a load.

Braking to a complete stop? what if someone pulls into your lane on the motorway in front of you or similar, then you lift off the gas to let them have some room?
The PC takes over and stops the car on the motorway!
The alternative is to keep your foot down and smash into the other car!

Would be anoying to try and park close to other veichles or objects, i wouldnt want a car to control me inless it was as intelligent as KITT

Back