PistonHeads.com: Call For Ban On Teenage Passengers

hmmmm could prove difficult, are they going to pull over every car that has more than one teenager in it? So why is a new driver under 20 any different to a new diver say of 21-22 I really don't see the difference. Just glad it wont effect me.

Peer pressure and showing off really. Anyway, my car doesn't go fast enough to worry about that with 3 people in it! Stopping distances maybe though...

I think for the 2 years probational period this should be in effect, but after that you begin to realise taking everyone is crap and you need less weight and also you carm after a year or so at the wheel lol

lol, well mine went from 800 to 1900 now 2500 there takng the P*** now big time, this kinda thing makes people drive uninsured! that much for a 93 1litre friggin car!

i think it's fair, people tend to drive a little quicker when they have mates in the car and even quicker with a couple of female mates.

Yeah i can see the logic, but as MartyMicra said it will be difficult to enforce. I reckon its just one of those schemes the gvt. will talk about but not put in place.

i see the logic but what about young people who have kids? cause i bet they would just say not allowed to carry anyone under 18 or whatever.

A lot of new Drivers have a ding or 2 within the first 6 months, it's called the learning curve but having others in the car DOES put you off what you're supposed to be doing.
Other Drivers teaching new Drivers should also be scrapped as you're picking up bad habits from people who are not specifically trained to teach people to Drive even though they can do so themselves.

More off Road Training is needed too. Why is it that some new drivers can't drive in a straight line or go round a bend, the majority of cars have power steering but some of these new Drivers think they're driving a Bus!!!

IMO no-one should be able to drive a Vehicle on the road until 21. There are other ways to get around like Mopeds and Push bikes, it might not be safer than Driving a Car but I guarantee you'll get more road sense and hopefully should survive a little longer when you do get a Driving Licence.

people shouldnt be having kids at 18 or below lol :wasntme: :grinning:

what a good idea.....5 years National service if caught having sex :laugh:

I've heard about this a while ago as well and it was going to be that you couldnt take out people under 18 between 11 at night and 5 in the morning, but as stated above what if you had children?

Back