P1 car club meet

paddymarsden

Iggy Iggy oooooooooo
I went to this this morning with my mate Alan and my there where some gorgeous cars, just if people dont know what the P1 club is click this link
http://www.p1international.com/

i have about 190 odd pictures so i will eventually load them onto photobucket for you all to gorp at but for now here are a few of the best cars that where at the meet.

Porsche 997 Turbo

IMG_4523Medium.jpg

Aston Martin V8 Vantage and Vanquish S
IMG_4581Medium.jpg

This next car is a real special number, there are only 150 made in the whole world, there is currently only one in this country (this one) its modeled on the Merc SL55. Fisker Tramonto is what its called and its ALL carbon fibre cost around £160,000 620BHP and 620 lb-ft torque.
IMG_4658Medium.jpg

i shall update them when i get a spare 50000 minutes !

squarpants - i spoke to everyone there and they are so down to earth one guy owns amari car sales (prestige car sales in cheshire) he is worth millions but great to get along with and can crack a joke they wernt big headed at all which was ace, very well organised with tea coffee and bacon sarnies !

I went to the Auto Italia day a few weeks ago and there was a similar car club there - Group 20 or something. Anyway, they had a Pagani Zonda Roadster F - one of 25 in the world and the only one in the country apparently. But I have my doubts about clubs like these - they are so expensive that I don't understand why the members don't just buy their own supercars! They seem to me to be offering most people a taster of a life they will never have.

Also what you were saying about the guy from Amari being friendly - I had a chat to Karl Verdi (of Verdi Ferrari) about the F40 they took to Italia. He was a really nice bloke, as were 99% of the car owners there that day.

the thing is i do get the reason of clubs like this, a v8 vantage costs about 90K, to join the club for the first year its roughly 16K then about 13k per year then after

you get access to over 8 cars in total....all in perfect nick, ok your limted to about 6k miles a year but that alot if you think about it

Back