overheating problem

HI i have a 1998 1.3 glx micra which i did a routine antifreeze change as i have done before without any promblems.

i set the heater to hot removed the radiator cap and expansion cap then removed the bottom hose. When i refilled it and started the engine it began to overheat the top and bottom hose were hot but the radiator was cold??

can anyone tell me whats wrong and how to cure it.

Airlock? shake all pipes etc

i thought airlock ive tryed to flush it out ect .. but it didnt work even squeezed the pipes till some air bubbles came out and then stopped coming out, but it still overheater afterwards .. anyone know any other ways of getting rid of an airlock ?

sounds like you did everything fine. make sure you squeeze all hoses (bottom and top rad hose, all heater hoses, etc).

sounds like the thermostat isnt opening up however :(

sounds like you did everything fine. make sure you squeeze all hoses (bottom and top rad hose, all heater hoses, etc).

sounds like the thermostat isnt opening up however :(

thanks alot for your help i'll try both those see if one of them works and i'll get back to you

K11s can airlock on their heater matrix, undo the top pipe on the heater matrix once you have filled it and check that water comes out. The other option as Sonic has said is a stuck thermostat.

K11s can airlock on their heater matrix, undo the top pipe on the heater matrix once you have filled it and check that water comes out. The other option as Sonic has said is a stuck thermostat.

Hi i have done what you said and removed the top hose from the heater matrix. It was full of air but no water.
What do you suggest i do now to eleviate the problem as when i fill with water it only takes one litre unless i take the top matrix pipe off then it gurgles and the water level in the rad goes down.

Back