Opinions on works van washing

Stani1029

Club Member
So my work are constantly on my case about washing my van, the problem (in my eyes) being we have to pay for it ourselves or use our own products and do it ourselves. Now i do on average of 500 miles a week on muddy country roads so its wasted moneys in my eyes! Also kinda got threatened that id have to leave my van at the office and take my car there everyday which they cant do as in my contract it states use of works vehicle to and from work

Whats your thoughts or similar experience?

Tell him that you'll start cleaning it of you can use it to go to and from work? A bucket, soap and brush surely can't be that pricey? Unless he demands that you go to a car wash?

I do use it to and from work, and the company has about 40 vans now. Another problem for me is lack of lights outside my house with the dark nights and no time at weekends with having 2 kids to look after. Im away to clean small parches on each side of the van and see how many miles it takes to get dirty. Some guys do barely any miles in their vans and are town driving so i dont think its right i should be out of pocket and my christmas bonus threatened

Have you got a jet wash? use fairy liquid and a sponge...make it look clean. They dont care if it is p[polished or not!

Nope, bucket and sponge my car. Did this on the van once and it took ages! Ive only just washed my car quickly late friday night there after weeks and weeks of not having time

Have you got a jet wash? use fairy liquid and a sponge...make it look clean. They dont care if it is p[polished or not!

yup convince em to get jet wash broom and employ someone once a week to do that job description,wouldnt want you sliping and having to calim now,,,,,,,,,,

Back