Oil cooler kit

Yeah maybe, I dunno it was just the first one I saw. I really want a remote oil filter kit so I can move it for easier access and cooling.

TBH there isn't really a need for an oil cooler unless you are running high power. the problem is,

if the oil is too hot then it doesn't lube the engine properly and gets too thin, BUT if the oil is too cold then it will get all thick and restrictive. so an oil cooler when not needed could actually reduce performance.

best thing to do is to pimp your engine to the power output you want and then get an oil temp guage on there. if the oil is running too hot then get a cooler, otherwise just leave it :D

you can do another system called dry sump, which gives you small advantages like being about to drop the car without hitting the sump cos it doesn't have one. but the problem with a dry sump system is that you have a big cooling tank to put somewhere, as well as the problem above...

so oil cooler sould be last on the list of engine mods.... good find tho :D

I know of the problems associated with oil coolers, there is no need to have one in Britain with our cold cold weather. lol. but the extra capacity is a good idea and the oil filter in an accessible position is also good.

You can do all of that for a lot less than the price of that kit, I did mine for >£100

TBH there isn't really a need for an oil cooler unless you are running high power. the problem is,

if the oil is too hot then it doesn't lube the engine properly and gets too thin, BUT if the oil is too cold then it will get all thick and restrictive. so an oil cooler when not needed could actually reduce performance.

best thing to do is to pimp your engine to the power output you want and then get an oil temp guage on there. if the oil is running too hot then get a cooler, otherwise just leave it :D

you can do another system called dry sump, which gives you small advantages like being about to drop the car without hitting the sump cos it doesn't have one. but the problem with a dry sump system is that you have a big cooling tank to put somewhere, as well as the problem above...

so oil cooler sould be last on the list of engine mods.... good find tho :D

isnt that why you use a thermostatic valve so the cooler only works to keep the oil at the right temp??

Back