OBD1 for 2002?

Hi, i'm thinking of getting a cheap 'n' cheerful reader for my 2002, 998cc, 2nd Facelift, Coilpack etc. Any recommendations, suggestions or advice gratefully received. Little Miss Micra is running fine, but just to check really. And oh yeah, a simple explanation of the paper clip method would be good too. Thanks.

You need obd2 on your car. I just use a cheap Bluetooth obd2 dongle off eBay (£5ish) which I leave plugged in all the time. Don't leave it plugged in if you don't use the car regularly, or if you go away for a week or two as it can slowly drain your battery. The software I use is called Torque and it's in the Google app store for a couple of quid.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

I use one of THESE, works great in my Micra, my daughter's P12 Primera and my Saab 9-3.....I paid less than a tenner for mine, what's not to like :cool: (click on the hyper link above to see a video)
Autel-MaxiScan-MS300-CAN-Auto-Car-OBD2-OBD-II-Diagnostic-Scanner-Code-Reader-Scan-Tool-Free.jpg

You need obd2 on your car. I just use a cheap Bluetooth obd2 dongle off eBay (£5ish) which I leave plugged in all the time. Don't leave it plugged in if you don't use the car regularly, or if you go away for a week or two as it can slowly drain your battery. The software I use is called Torque and it's in the Google app store for a couple of quid.

Does this display live data on the fly? As this is what I'm looking for.

I use one of THESE, works great in my Micra, my daughter's P12 Primera and my Saab 9-3.....I paid less than a tenner for mine, what's not to like (click on the hyper link above to see a video)
Autel-MaxiScan-MS300-CAN-Auto-Car-OBD2-OBD-II-Diagnostic-Scanner-Code-Reader-Scan-Tool-Free.jpg

I've got this also and it's great for reading and resetting codes but no live data

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got this also and it's great for reading and resetting codes but no live data

To get a hand held scanner that reads live data you will have to pay about £40 minimum. Nissan specific units can be quite a bit MORE

Thanks for the cheap code reading work around heads up, I will remember (file) that for future reference should I ever need it?

On my third very cheap & cheerful 1990”s(yes OBD 1 that old) K11 in eleven years and never had a fault code or any faults for which a code reader would be helpful in diagnosis or found any practical use for it other than being neither use nor ornament.

Long may the trouble code free motoring continue where I just put petrol in the back, myself and Mrs in the front & just drive the thing, exactly what it was built for? Many happy K11 days out & about at optimum minimal cost.

Yes the Torque app displays live engine data.

Back