Normal MA10S and the AMR500 Supercharger

aLLeKs

Club Member (Trial)
One quick question:
The ST has the AMR500 supercharger built in and I ask myself if the MA10 has the mounting spots for the supercharger too?
If so, how difficult would it be to fit the sc?

One quick question:
The ST has the AMR500 supercharger built in and I ask myself if the MA10 has the mounting spots for the supercharger too?
If so, how difficult would it be to fit the sc?

The rear part of the Ma09 block was cast to allow the s/c to be bolted straight to the block no brackets really, you could try make it fit though(Y)

the carbs should go well with an external fuel pump and a fuel pressure regulator which responds to the boost. but I think the turbo would be the better way.

the carbs should go well with an external fuel pump and a fuel pressure regulator which responds to the boost. but I think the turbo would be the better way.
I agree s/c would be a waste for the time spent and the expected gain

Really? the SC supercharger is oversized for the power it makes in the ST...

Really? the SC supercharger is oversized for the power it makes in the ST...

Yeah man I thing the turbo route would be a better over option for a ma10s. Even in a standard st they do hardly anything, the afr's are too rich while the s/c is on song. It does help with steep inclines in high gears and low rpm but I reckon without it the st would be more driveable ut it wouldnt be an st then. In my own st for track use its useless its only extra weight and a strange noise that draws people attention, sorry to be blunt about it(Y)

What are your thoughts?

i reckon a supercharger from a mk1 mr2 would be a good candidate but other than that id say baz has it pretty much spot on i dont think the standard supercharger on a twincharge setup is geared to out power the turbo so it wouldn't give that good of a gain on its own. there only there to kill lag issues imo.

Not lag, its to deal with boost threshold of a relatively unresponsive turbo on a small engined car. I hated my ST with it off. When I finally get it back on the road I'll optimise the SC as much as the turbo, I've yet to see anyone really do much with them.

The SC makes an other wise gutless car respond from idle to 4K as if it was a 2.0 litre engine pretty much. Agree on a track tho Baz that it would not do anything, but rally stage etc would quite possibly be different.

...Agree on a track tho Baz that it would not do anything, ....

yeah that is exactly what I found, on the track you can keep the turbo on boost without too much trouble.

I haven't rallied this car, but I have done a few tarmac rallies, and low down punch critical if you make a mistake (eg too slow or wrong gear), and it is impossible to do a rally with no mistakes, too many changeable conditions.

Not lag, its to deal with boost threshold of a relatively unresponsive turbo on a small engined car. I hated my ST with it off. When I finally get it back on the road I'll optimise the SC as much as the turbo, I've yet to see anyone really do much with them.

The SC makes an other wise gutless car respond from idle to 4K as if it was a 2.0 litre engine pretty much. Agree on a track tho Baz that it would not do anything, but rally stage etc would quite possibly be different.

Yes agree Ed a rally setup would need the s/c, I really wanted to use mine for hill climbing

Stupid question time ... would a Supercharger do anything for a 1.3 with regard to track use. In particular the long up hill sections of the Nurburgring ??

Will be in close competition with a 1.4 Pug 106 !(Y)

I belieive this particular s/c will be too small to be any use (not that I've been to that particular track outside GT5 lol). It was sized to fill a low end power gap on a 900cc engine, not to boost high rev power on a 1.3.

I reckon you should be looking for a turbo

Stupid question time ... would a Supercharger do anything for a 1.3 with regard to track use. In particular the long up hill sections of the Nurburgring ??

Will be in close competition with a 1.4 Pug 106 !(Y)

Look at the new 1200cc Micra with a supercharger

Back