No need to compensate. undergroundimports.com.au feature car (pics)

CMF_egSi

» CMF Member
Hey all, latest feature on www.undergroundimports.com.au
A tidy little Micra imo.

Comments and critisms appreciated, owner used to be a member here, he has no internet at the moment.

Pics taken by Chris_F

thanks for looking

micra1se3.jpg

micra2pw2.jpg

micra3dk4.jpg

micra4nw6.jpg

micra5hk3.jpg

micra6ck1.jpg

micra7rt0.jpg

micra8pd1.jpg

micra9lt6.jpg

micra10ac3.jpg

micra13cg8.jpg

micra14kx3.jpg

Full article link:
http://undergroundimports.com.au/feature_detailed_view.php?id=41

CMF_egSi

» CMF Member
lam.666 WROTE:

"what do you guys have planned for it? im assuming you work for under ground imports.

pretty much everything, new brakes, suspension, intake etc.

shaved valve cover with relocated battery and wire tucked/stealth engine work

ill post some progress pics as it comes

CMF_egSi

» CMF Member
lam.666 WROTE:

"what suspension are you guys planning to replace in it?<BR><BR>and what sort of engine work is going to be performed? is it going turbo or staying n/a?

as for suspension we are goin to move away from shocks/springs and run these Ksport Kontrols
http://undergroundimports.com.au/ecommerce/os/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=515

plans are afoot to raid the whiteline catalogue too

we havent exactly worked out the specifics for the motor but well probably get some custom cams and chuck some spray in for fun
-> http://undergroundimports.com.au/ec..._info.php?manufacturers_id=46&products_id=511

it will be NA and relatively simple. The plan to to build a pretty well rounded k11. nice suspension and brakes and a little bit more power. Nothing insane but still fun.

thanks for the interest mate :eek:)

CMF_egSi

» CMF Member
chris_F WROTE:

"have to say this was a fun car to shoot, heaps of character and some nice mods too, hopefully be shooting it again when some of the updates come in :p

i agree man, second last shot is money!!!

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Depends on what series you have lam.

s2 have lighter rear seating arrangement than s1 SLX and SS which have the seat bottoms which fold easily.

When I stripped the rear out of my s2 SS (bottoms of seats don't fold up) I stipped around 15kg from it (seatbelts and all - no speakers though, I don't like sound from the rear).

It DID make a difference to the car believe it or not. However it wasnt entirely positive. I actually noticed the car was less balanced. It understeered more often. Overall it wasnt very nice to drive. That was on King Low springs.

You would be able to fix the balance problem with some custom springs.

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
when I took my spare tyre out, seats, belts, speakers, sub box, etc out of the back of mine i weighed it all and it was close to about 50kg or something..big diff!

my exhaust sounded sweet too..it didnt drone or anything anywhere near as much.

CMF_lam.666

» CMF Member
thanks guys,

tom do your apexi springs make any difference to the handling with all the stuffed ripped out?

did you notice any increased understeer aaron?

im contemplating whether to do this or not, and have it nice and neat looking like bluey.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
best thing to do is to do it and see how it goes.

The apexi springs are lightyears ahead of the kings lows I had for comfort and handling for sure. Havent tried driving around with the rear stripped out since.

CMF_egSi

» CMF Member
sorry for lack of pics but they went down with the server of the holidays. they are back now

in regard to your question, im not 100% sure how much weight was saved but i will find out 2moro and let you know.

CMF_egSi

» CMF Member
lam.666 WROTE:

"hey egsi,<BR><BR>how much weight loss did he achieve with removing all the stuff at the back?<BR><BR>

the owner estimates a 25-30kg saving. Before that he has a rather large system + sub box which probably weighed 50kg on its own!

Ash(owner) says it goes, stops and corners much better with all the weight saved.

its all about power to weight, right? ;o)

CMF_micrat

» CMF Member
just wondering where the apexi springs can be purchased? part numbers?
also can you please post up measurements of ride height from centre of wheel to guard lip. thanks

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Got em off ebay. Part numbers were worn off very quickly I'm afraid. I found them on the (now) Apexera japan website though.

31cm at front, 33cm at back. Possibly give or take a few mm depending on fuel load. I've currently got an empty tank, powersteering and aircon which all adds to it. Also running KYB Excel G shocks all round so it could be a bit different depending on your shocks and car load!

I'm going to be going with custom springs later this year so they'll be for sale eventually if you're interested. They'll be posted up here first naturally. Pretty good springs - all progressive rate and they offer a suprisingly compliant ride compared to my old King Lows.

CMF_micrat

» CMF Member
Thanks for that info, I have kings and konis (with full whiteline kit) at the moment, they are super lows 29cm front, 31cm rear. It looks good but I think it use to handle better before it was this low, and the ride is fairly harsh. As I am getting older, and frequently drive on second rate country roads, I'm after a more compliant ride. When you are ready to sell pm me and I'll buy them off you.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
First off - love the car :) Looks great.

Just wondering where you can get those stone-chip covers for the bonnet. Wouldn't mind one myself as mine already has several stonechips in it, wouldn't mind a cover for it til I can get a complete respray. The black just looks damn slick.

---dens

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
needs some buckets now..to complete the race look..how about those brides that 2 is selling? lol

what front lip is that

dens you could check with nissan dealers because they were a factory item..not sure how much they are though..then paint it black, they come clear stock

CMF_egSi

» CMF Member
the OEM bonnet protector, ash just painted it, looks neat imo.

the lip is off a Getz, custom fitted ofcoarse, coz less than a tank of fuel.

unique style is always nice to see

Back