Nissan Pivo

CMF_eM

» CMF Member
I spent the last week in Melbourne for the AGIdeas design conference and yesterday afternoon Shiro Nakamura the senior VP from the Nissan design division came to speak to us.
It was really interesting and they even showed a few pictures of micras both k11 and k12 :D
He also showed a animation for Nissan's new concept car called a Pivo. Its a weird ugly bubble car that you never have to reverse in. The bubble/cabin thing just rotates 180 degrees so you can just drive into a car park and then when you leave you spin the top cabin around and just drive forwards. Apprantly its designed for "young japanese women who don't like to drive backwards". They also talked heaps about the Cube which is such a funny random looking car which was designed for young males so they could use their car like a bedroom and sleep/live in it. Here is some of the video they we were shown for the Pivo

http://www.theebelinggroup.com/eg_v.../convert/convert_nissan_pivo_cutdown_sor3.mov

They cut the best bit out where it drives into the carpark and does its turn around thing and drives out. I guess it would be out there somewhere on the net.

Anyways just thought I would share it with you all for a laugh. Oh and Alex I got you a few things :)

Back