Nissan Almera 1.5 SE

R

roblatus

Hello

The wife has a micra 1.3lx at the minute but am thinking of getting her an almera. Around W reg with maybe 80k or so on it.

Is there anything i need to look for and be wary of? Any thing specific i should check when looking at one of these?

Thanks

Although there are a couple of almera owners on here, i reckon your best bet is checking out the almera owners club

timing chains stretch and valve seats burn out, 2 most expensive things that go wrong engine wise

wires often break around the lower radiator support aswell

The early 1.5's up to around the 3rd revision I think had a (Renault) gearbox design fault (Something to do with the oil level) and these tend to break.
Also it will be quite boring to drive, very little torque and overall power. N15's are more fun, but then owning 2 myself I guess I'm biased! My stepmum had a 1.8 which used a disproportionate amount of fuel so got rid. I would imagine more reliability issues will be arising now as they are of the french-nissan era.
From what I have heard the 2.2 diesel version is by far the better one (Jap engined)

I was only looking at spending a couple of grand or so. Would i be best staying away from one at that price and say 6/7 years old with 80+K on it?

I was only looking at spending a couple of grand or so. Would i be best staying away from one at that price and say 6/7 years old with 80+K on it?

Yes. For a couple of grand you could get a good reliable phase 2 N15 1.4 or 1.6 (The previous shape) just excuse the awful interiors :glance: then have some spare cash for any rust repairs that may need doing and it should be good to last you many more years!
For more info just pop on down to www.almeraownersclub.com forums!
Hope this helps you in your search mate!

the year of the car is ok, just get a lower milage one which has been serviced at the right times,

make sure these things are ok,

gearbox isnt making a whining noise when driving,
all the electrics are working inside and i mean everything,
check the aircon works,
make sure when the engine is hot it doesnt have a rattly timing chain and that the idle is stable

or hire me and i'll come check it over with you

personnally almera gti's are hard to come by in good condition, underneath rots worse than a k10 and most gti's have been ragged to crap and have a normal 2.0 engine not a red or black top sr20 engine

Thanks a lot for all the advice guys.

Been out to have alook at a few cars today. Only a couple of Nissans in there though. Both Primeras with 1.8 engines so a bit too much for the missus.

I am also thinking of selling her 1.3lx micra. Can i advertise on here or do i need to be a fully paid up member to do that???

By the way what age/reg did the phase two malemrea run form/to?

Thatnks again

most gti's have been ragged to crap and have a normal 2.0 engine not a red or black top sr20 engine

although the gti didn't get a coloured cam cover, it's no normal 2.0! the 'normal' sr20 got 128ishBHP, where as the gti sr20 is 141ishBHP, although the red and black tops did get 150BHP. iirc. :)

Back