Newbie, droning noise, heat shield & passenger door

Hi there,

i have a 55 plate micra K12, have recently been hearing a loud Droning noise from what seems to be the front passenger side, break discs and pads changed after noise started, rear near side Tyre replaced as old one was "out of shape" noise continues..... any ideas fellas??

think it may be bearing or could it be rear suspension rods??

also, heat shield rattles like a b*tch would it hurt if i took the damn thing off all together ( what i mean is, if my dad took it off haha)

last and final question - looking for front passenger door in red/maroon colour any idea where i can get one?? been quoted £300 to repair door and respray but looking at other options for easier fix due to need of car!

any help appreciated!!

Sounds to me like the wheel bearing.
Jack the car up (safely) amd free spin the wheel, if it makes a rumbling/droning noise changing the bearing should do the trick

As for the heat shield, I know most of the k11 owners seem to take it off with no ill effects.

Check ebay/gumtree/scrap yards for k12s breaking for a replacement door. Depending on the damage you could sort and spray yourself?

Wheel bearing from sound of it bud.

I also removed my heat shield and not had a rattle since. Big long flat head screw driver and a rubber hammer will do the trick :)

As for the door, that's not a bad price. I was quoted nearly £500 to sort a crappy previous repair out.

Back