So it may be heat shield issue?

Afternoon...

53 plate 1.2 S Auto

For ages, and I mean ages, several years in fact I think. When car is stationery (neutral & handbrake but same with Park & handbrake), I get an awful rattling kind of sound - maybe even metal against metal type of sound. When I first started getting the problem I took it to a garage who could hear it. I still continue to have the Micra serviced at a Nissan garage and I keep thing the service reception desk/technician will say something and it will cost the earth to repair.....but no. Surely it must be heard in the workshop when having the service/MOT. Reading one of the post someone mentioned rattling and heat shield. Of course without hearing/see the car do you think this is what it might be and I can continue to just ignore it? Appears to drive ok - I just had hearing the noise - thinking it is one of the belts or chain or something on the car.

thank you for any input. PS one time I did mention nissan garage at point of service - they said they tighten it up (not sure which bit - in fact dont know where exactly heat sheild is). Anyway it didn't stop it.... oh yes, also only happens when heated up engine - no noise at all when first start ot. Does this tie in with perhaps being heat shield?

Thank you.

I get that, found out its my heatshield round the front cat just below the exhaust manifold, rusted round one of the bolts so its loose on one side

try get it up on a ramp and just poke at every heatshield :)

ok ta. Not knowing anything about cars.....dont really want to take it back to nissan (cost me the earth...) plus they dont get stuff right - I'll put that on any post....

i had same noise and it was the heat shield the little clip things had rusted so took off the front part then few month later the rear started rattling so i took the rear and centre off no more rattling and removed it over a year and a half ago

Ive just recently got mine sorted, when idling it would annoy the hell out of me, got my grease monkey to grinder the heatsheild off....from the exhaust pipe before the second cat... 2 min job and its much less annoying...turns out it had annoyed the previous owner too as he had got two clamps down on it :rolleyes: