needing a bit of advice on some interior aspects...

So, i am off to pick up my first car tomorow, its a white micra, year 95. Its a bit beat up on the cosmetic side but im hoping it can be a nice little project drive, learn from and sell on to get a newer year.

Im after your help on the following if thats not too much trouble.

1. the wheels are fairly rusty and without trims, i was thinking of sanding the rust back, using filler and spraying them matt black but would this technique of sanding and filling work ok?

2. I want to fit a CD player, i understand i need an ISO loom but is there any specific CD players you guys recomend simply due to fit, shape and ease to install?

3. The wheel wells are rusty too, any tips of sanding this back a bit and filling in to prevent further rusting? a certain filler perhaps or other method?

4. Whats the best oils, fluids, spark plugs, wipers etc that you`ve found works nicely with the micras to look after the car?

For now i cant do any major mods as its a killer on the insurance but any simple tips for would be great.
Thanks.

Im real pleased to have a micra, my family have had a K10 a couple K11`s and my dads on his second K12 next month.

Hi there (Y)

1. Best method for this is to use a rotary wire brush on a drill and then sand back and clean well and spray.
2. Any single DIN headunit will fit fine.
3. What do u mean by wheel wells? Wheel Arches?

Back