Need advice for another car!

tse_adam

Micra Attitude
Hi all

as some of you may remember i posted a thread regarding which coupe i should get and last month i got myself a celica 190. and now i am toying with the idea of exchanging my k12 for something a touch more powerful. a warm hatch.......

heres the list:

Mit Colt 1.5 CZT - turbo fun, spacious, jap reliability, dont look too sporty

Volks Polo 1.8 Turbo Gti - GTi badge, up-market feel, 4 year old model, dearer to buy
Ford fiesta 2.0 ST - looks good, good all rounder, boy racer image

All seems to be cracking little cars from all those reviews i have read but what are your thoughts?

When I was looking, I also considered the Colt, I read a magazine article about them whilst waiting in the queue at the Post Office, and they sounded awesome. Insurance was mega high when I got a quote on one though.

I do love my Yaris T-sport, is an excellent car. Handles great and quickish, but maybe not quick enough for what you're after.

I've been in a polo gti, its rather nice! Probably more reliable than the fiesta.

When I was looking, I also considered the Colt, I read a magazine article about them whilst waiting in the queue at the Post Office, and they sounded awesome. Insurance was mega high when I got a quote on one though.

I do love my Yaris T-sport, is an excellent car. Handles great and quickish, but maybe not quick enough for what you're after.

some say its in group 14, some say group 13. regardless its still pretty much the same as the rest of the warm hatches.

i agree yaris t sport is a great car, i have the celica t sport so i know what you're on about...ish.. :laugh:

I've been in a polo gti, its rather nice! Probably more reliable than the fiesta.

i would imagine all three of them will be very reliable but im a bit concern with the turbos over the long term. it may prove to be very expensive in the long run. agree?

polo do have the nicest interior, german what i can say!

Did they do a polo turbo that is now four years old?? Thought they only had the newest ones with those engines in?? You can't go wrong with a German car though, so that gets my vote. Just bought the golf turbo, and love it. :D

Did they do a polo turbo that is now four years old?? Thought they only had the newest ones with those engines in?? You can't go wrong with a German car though, so that gets my vote. Just bought the golf turbo, and love it. :D

yea polo GTI turbo is new (little facelift to look like the new golf GTi) but the model its based on is 4 years old now and prob due to be facelifted yet again or replaced which could only mean better prices to me. 15k brand new for a warm hatch is definitely on the steep side.

german? i think you mean spanish dan ;)

what you on about? fwn

Aah rite, I see what you mean now, I thought you meant the Mk5. Nice cars, but think I'd have the golf over the Polo, then again I am biased lol. ;)

i would love to have the latest Golf GTI but money and girlfriend not allowed. LOL

im trying to buy a hatch, as jeremy clarkson puts it, suits every occasions. going clubbing, taking friends out, romantic dinner, and occasionally on the track or strip (quarter miler) and it wouldnt look out of place.

polo seems to tick all the right boxes........(thinking)...mm....

I have a fezzy ST. No problems with it as of yet. Just topped the oil up after 3000 miles though as it was nearly empty and after putting it in it feels much more powerful and smoother.

I never liked the fiesta ST until i drove one. I prefered it more than the other cars i was looking at for some reason....It also has a nice sound to it when you put your foot down.

Also the engine in it is a mazda engine (same as the new mx5 sport apart from the fez has a 5 speed ford gear box)

are u sure vw is owned by seat i was under the impressions that volkswagen owned seat and not vice versa.... did they not take over a few years back????

got it straight from the polo and lupo owners club. they keep talking about how the cars have cheap spanish tin, so im guessing it was that way... although i can't find any conclusive information on the net to say one way or the other.

are u sure vw is owned by seat i was under the impressions that volkswagen owned seat and not vice versa.... did they not take over a few years back????

yea i think so too, volks rescued seat from the dead and same goes to skoda too. all quailty cars though, would you have a fabia VRS? i cant live through the badge tbh.

I have a fezzy ST. No problems with it as of yet. Just topped the oil up after 3000 miles though as it was nearly empty and after putting it in it feels much more powerful and smoother.

I never liked the fiesta ST until i drove one. I prefered it more than the other cars i was looking at for some reason....It also has a nice sound to it when you put your foot down.

Also the engine in it is a mazda engine (same as the new mx5 sport apart from the fez has a 5 speed ford gear box)

thats nice to know thx nismo, anymore i should look out for? what about service cost and petrol cost?

oo theres something i really want to ask as well. regarding the turbocharger on both cars, do you think they have a device like a turbo timer to cool the turbo before we turn the car off? more importantly what other caring issues i should look out for?

do they use more engine oil?
do i have to feed them with premium fuel all the time?
how long does turbo last say i.e. the turbo from colt?

turbo beginner, sorry.

Back