NA manifolds and their designs....

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
Hi all, i was wondering if anyone could tell me what the difference in designs meant when it came to manifolds and what effects it had on the drivability of the car. Im interested in particular the part where the pipes group together, eg, 4-2-1 etc. and which is the best to have for race, street etc.

Attachments

• 11262.jpg
    11262.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 20

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
actually i've seen cube manifolds and they look different to that, more like standard k11 manifold but with short split into 4 primaries and back into one just before going to cat. also that one looks a bit diy with the welds on and things.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
the z10 cube alpha spec (there's about 4 alpha specs I 've found, dunno which one though) comes with the 101hp CGA3DE.

All the other jap k11 and vanilla z10 have the normal ~80hp CGA3DE.

As far as I know, thats what i've gathered from lewis and my searches on countless japanese websites.

I have also found that the CGA3DE's seem to be quite popular in japan, and that the 101hp alpha specs always fetch a pretty penny and have a rather large bid war when featured in auctions.

Attachments

• 11372.gif
    11372.gif
    7.4 KB · Views: 25

CMF_lam.666

» CMF Member
does anybody have pics of australian made 4-1 headers and where i can get them from plus price

cheers

edit: what type of 4-1 extractors was trev using on the melb dyno day?

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi Yom,

The 4-2-1 Hurricane headers are definately still available... I bought some recently.

They cost $400 and can be ordered through any good exhaust place or direct from the manufacturer "Liverpool Exhaust". These are excellent quality extractors (they even come pre-painted in blue heat resistant paint)... They make a big difference and I am very happy with them !.

Please note, these "off the shelf" hurricane extractors only fit cars without aircon...

Hi LAM... if your car has aircon and/or if you have your heart set on 4-1 extractors you will need to have some custom made... or purchase from Japan (eg. http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php?dealer=5&car=87&middlesmall=&maker=&volkey=)

There's no particular reason why the 1st & fourth pipes are at the top of the collector except for neatness and convenience during construction.

CMF_lam.666

» CMF Member
thanks makes,

with your headers you just got, do you know what the diametre of the tubing was used.. a guesstimate would be fine

1 1/4 inch or 1 /1/2 inch?

cheers

CMF_lam.666

» CMF Member
hey jamm'n, who made your headers and how much did they cost? My gf bought a new car and i have taken over her super s, time for some upgrades.

jamm'n whats the diameters for your custom 4 - 1?

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
The pipe diameters for hurricanes are
1.5in off the head to the first collector. After that they go to 1.75in down to the 2nd collector/merge. Then it's out to 2.25in.

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
There only mild steel. Qualities reasonably good, considering the price. They worked great on mine the only reason that I took them off is because Im going turbo. However they are really only suited to a mild n/a tune. If you want some serious n/a power then I would look else where (like impul)

CMF_Pyro

» CMF Member
and what about janspeed? Heard different stories about them. Im looking for a 4-2-1 manifold and will go for a mild n/a setup. So hurricanes will be a good choice I guess. Or are there any other options?

Back