N14 SSS Japanese Import front Calipers

CMF_micra-man

» CMF Member
Would these be the same as AD22VF or the AD18V.

Or are they something different again?

There is nothing usefull stamped on the calipers.

Measuring the bolt holes they look like they will fit OK.

Can anyone confirm either way?

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
on the dba catalog they describe them as 2.0l pulsar if using db1148 pads which i think has been talked about previously to be the 18's....

Attachments

• 11836.jpg
    11836.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 19

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
Thier not 22's or 18's. Yes mine have no useful numbers on them also. I believe the piston is marginaly larger than the 18's and the discs are 20mm rather than 18mm. But otherwise they fit up fine with 14in and larger wheels,

With the pulsar brakes:

N14 1.6 > AD18V > 18mm Disc - 250mm diameter > will fit inside 14"
N14 2.0 (SSS or Q) > NO Model > 20mm Disc - 252mm diameter > will fit inside 14"
and
N14 GTIR 2.0 & N15 SSS 2.0 > AD22VF > 26mm disc - 257mm diameter > bigger calipers, will fit inside 15" unsure of 14"

http://www.dba.com.au/nissan_2005.pdf < thats a good reference,

Alex

Attachments

• 11837.jpg
    11837.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 28

CMF_Ghetto Micra

» CMF Member
all 2L N14 brakes are same, this goes for some pulsar Q's, Ti's, and the SSS range. (anything with 2L in N14).

they're not as big as the AD22VF's which come in the N15 2L, and GtiR pulsar.

the AD22VF's that come on the N15 and GtiR will fit inside the regular N14 alloy wheels (SSS wheels).

I have the SSS alloys on my micra, so could run the AD22VF's.

As mentioned in the past on this site if you dont want the much larger and heavier rotor of the AD22VF. the regular N14 2L or even 1.6ltr brakes would be a worthy upgrade.

I plan to put the N14 2L brakes on my micra sometime soon as I have two spare sets laying around.

Any brakes that fit on an N14, 15, gti-r pulsar will fit on a micra. washers may or may not be required, best thing you can do is pop the rotor on, bolt the calipers on without PADS in it, and take note of how much gap there is in the caliper on ea side of the rotor, space out as required, it's perfectly safe.

DBA make slotted rotors for pretty much all pulsar brakes. :)

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah, for a moderate street car, I would highly recommend the pulsar 1.6 brakes. Awesome fade-free performance and heaps lighter than the AD22VFs.

Once I was up some really steep long windy mountain road with those brakes on in my first micra, and I was speeding up and deliberately trying to get them to fade going down the steep bits. I couldn't actually get them to fade. I was pretty impressed with that. AD22VFs are a fair wack heavier, your N14 2.0 brakes yeah somewhere in the middle.

Back