My car so Far!

Titch

Micra K11ng
Right, still got to get the windows tinted on it (hopefully soon!), but this is how its looking so far!

30-Micra%201.JPG

24-Micra 2.JPG

8-Micra 3.JPG

21-Micra 4.JPG

Titch :kungfu:

safe as

love the smooth boot, is the recess in the bumper for the back box been filled in to suit the upswept one?

Hey, your Micra looks awesome. Moddin mine at the mo, and was wonderin if ya cld help us out.

I was wonderin: how far did ya lower it? and who made the kit?
what size wheels can ya fit on one, coz i've got 15s at the mo, but i was hopin to be able to get a larger wheel. and what offset does the car require?
and finally: how much was it to get your boot smoothed, coz that looks so cool.

as ya can see, i'm moddin me micra quite a lot, already got induction kit, full exhaust system, complete ICE, and rear tints, just hopin to finish the project some-time soon

RE: RE: My car so Far!

Wong_WS said:
Hey, your Micra looks awesome. Moddin mine at the mo, and was wonderin if ya cld help us out.

I was wonderin: how far did ya lower it? and who made the kit?
what size wheels can ya fit on one, coz i've got 15s at the mo, but i was hopin to be able to get a larger wheel. and what offset does the car require?
and finally: how much was it to get your boot smoothed, coz that looks so cool.

as ya can see, i'm moddin me micra quite a lot, already got induction kit, full exhaust system, complete ICE, and rear tints, just hopin to finish the project some-time soon

Looks great Titch mate!!! :D Liking it alot, you getting some skirts for it or not?? :) It aint got a kit on Wong, its just the standard k11 bumpers. Its got coilovers so it pretty low, about 80mm IIRC. I will leave it to Titch to tell ya as he will tell ya the rest of the stuff lol. :) Hope this helps anyway.

titch u know ma feelins towards your car and i aint trying to steal ur thread or out but why is tommo's name crossed out??? Banned?

Big_ben said:
But why is tommo's name crossed out??? Banned?

No idea mate. Anyway...

micra_man is almost right, down 83mm!! (sorry dude!), and yea i don't have any kit on it, all just standard bumpers, apart from the boot, which is fully smoothed.
Running on 15's, but having some problems cause i'm too low, but all will be sorted soon i hope.

Big_ben said:
titch u know ma feelins towards your car and i aint trying to steal ur thread or out but why is tommo's name crossed out??? Banned?

if u look under his name it says hes banned o_O

Well, i'd like to have 13" wheels so i can slam it on the floor, but we'll see. :)
Will have;
Splitters (Front & Back)
Janspeed Manifold
Windows Tinted
Hopefully bonnet badboy'd!
New Screen for PS/2 & N64
Bucket Seats (Well maybe)

and whatever else comes along!

looks really nice did you get the rear plate lights sorted? are they bright enough?

As i said the other nite on MSN ur motors lookin pretty damn mean! Cant wait to see it in the flesh!

Daz

NeX said:
how hard was it smoothing the boot??

Yea, as Glenn says, was done at the Body Shop. How the do it is they take everything off, weld a plate in the holes, and then fill them. Smooth it all off, and then spray. And thats the results!
Titch

Yea, not sure what i'm wanting to do with it now mate, as can't get a place to do it! Got Tax, MOT & Insurance this month anyway, so will be poor from that. :(

At the moment i'm with Norwich Union, but the quote they gave me for my renewal was stupid, so in three days I change to Admiral for fully comp insurance, and everything stated for £750 (ish) for the year. Still got my TAX and MOT on top of that, but i'm happy with that quote.
So once everything is sorted out, should hopefully just be under £1000 to be legal again for 1 more year! Needs a few of the belts changing to, so will be running better that evre soon i hope. Might even have another engine in by JAE, but we'll see.....
:kungfu:

DID you say 83mm lowered!

Where did you get the springs from or how did you acheive that low??

im lookin to lower mine.

Yea, coilovers! Made by Leda, best thing i've ever got for the car. In the process of going lower the now! Aiming for aroung 95mm-100mm ish.

titch if your looking to get your bonet bad boy'd pps do them for
around £150 - £160 there in seaham, car looks sweat!!!!!!

Sweet dont you mean!! :p
Thats a bit much aint it? Is that just for the bonnet, or does that include spraying and fitting? Also, will they put a vent on it?

Nice work, man...

I also like the smooth boot - something I will be wanting in the near future.
Question: Are those clear rear light clusters easy to find in the UK? I can't find any here in Holland. Also, what do they cost? Maybe it's cheaper for me to drive to the UK and buy my parts there?

Yea, going for about under 100mm, but going to have to do some arch work. As Danni or Wayne what its like, sounds awful!

LoKi said:
Are those clear rear light clusters easy to find in the UK? I can't find any here in Holland. Also, what do they cost? Maybe it's cheaper for me to drive to the UK and buy my parts there?

You can get the from various websites, and not to hard to fit either. Getting the old ones off is a bit of a pain, but it just takes time. Three bolts on the back, and black silicon holding them in.

RE: RE: My car so Far!

Titch58 said:
You can get the from various websites, and not to hard to fit either. Getting the old ones off is a bit of a pain, but it just takes time. Three bolts on the back, and black silicon holding them in.

Cool, thanks.. Still I can hardly find any non-standard parts for the K11 in Holland..
Do you guys do that 'autojumble' thing at your meets? :p

Oh, and thanks for showing me I can make my Micra look good without going for a bodykit! Those are standard bumpers aren't they?

LoKi said:
Oh, and thanks for showing me I can make my Micra look good without going for a bodykit! Those are standard bumpers aren't they?

What a line!!
Yea man, everything is standard apart from the wheels and the suspension.
What you mean by autojumble?

With some car-clubs and associations (especially classic cars) they organize jumble-sales of car parts at their gatherings, meetings and cruises. Anything like that?

When my old man had a Triumph Stag we got BUCKETloads of great custom parts at those sales!

EDIT:

Nice signature...:alien:

not really had anything like that, but see what you mean!
Let us know how you get on modding the Micra mate, and get some pictures up asap!
Titch

I'll get some pics up as soon as I can - I have no digital camera at the moment, but I'll borrow one.

Question though, when you smooth your boot like that - how do you open it? fwn On my micra, I can't find any interior boot release handle - I can only open it with the key (one of my biggest annoyances)...

Reading earlier posts in this thread I'm astonished at the amount of cash you pay for insurance over there! My monthly payment (3rd party & theft cover until I invest more in the car) is around 35 euros per month, which I think is about 23 quid :glance: ? Fully comprehensive cover would set me back about double that, which is still pretty easy going.

Looks like the micra sitting in my drive mate :p You will need to come throo and have a look at the lil beast sometime :>

Where you get your chrome handles btw buddy??

Daz

Question though, when you smooth your boot like that - how do you open it? fwn On my micra, I can't find any interior boot release handle - I can only open it with the key (one of my biggest annoyances)...

i fitted an electric popper for him so he presses a nice likkle button on his dash and it pops open :)

K10Daz said:
Looks like the micra sitting in my drive mate :p You will need to come throo and have a look at the lil beast sometime :>

Where you get your chrome handles btw buddy??

Daz

ill be coming to have a nice likkle gander aswell in a few weeks :p

oh and he got them off danni :) who got them of george.lol
but go to nissan mate £9 each :)

he tried to fit them when he was out my back. and every fw minutes it was like "wayne, how do i do this?"
"wayne, how do i do that?"
lol

:S even got me to undo a connector for him :p

poor fella. love him to bits hahahha

quickdraw said:
poor fella. love him to bits hahahha
Aw!

Yea man i'll need to come through for a good look! Go to nissan, for the handels, best bet as i got them from Danni.

LoKi said:
Reading earlier posts in this thread I'm astonished at the amount of cash you pay for insurance over there! My monthly payment (3rd party & theft cover until I invest more in the car) is around 35 euros per month, which I think is about 23 quid ? Fully comprehensive

:O :O :O

Ok, sit down because im about to tell you what i paid for a year 3rd party F+T

Four thousand four hundered and three euro!
That works out at roughly twelve euro PER DAY
Roughly eighty five euro PER WEEK
AND... I have a GPS tracker in my car!

Shiny shiny. :)

21-Micra%20500.jpg

11-Micra%20side.JPG

Quite happy with it these days, but still going to be selling after JAE. Decided on it today, and it will be a Starlet GT Turbo next.

James said:
Looking nice :cool: Guess i'm not the only person who cleaned their car yesterday ;)

Actually - it's not been washed for three days!
Been really sunny weather lately, so the roads have been reasonably clean.

Ahh lucky you :) I had to wash mine because we've had 3 days of gale-force winds and being right in front of the sea, my car was CAKED in sea salt o_O

Not good for cars is sea salt, lol

Back