My Bros PS13.....

solarice

Ex. Club Member
is injured :( insurance is taking care of it (not sure if its repairable or if they'll try and scrap it - it being a jap import, parts arent going to be easy to find)...so for now its looking very sorry for itself.

happened last night, while he was sitting at red lights, the driver behind decided not to notice them and slammed into the backend.

luckily neither my bro or his girlfriend are seriously injured, mainly stiff necks etc.

my fingers are crossed that they'll keep his car alive as its too nice to kill off, just depends if the insurance think the same.

DSC05218.jpg

DSC05217.jpg

DSC05216.jpg

DSC05215.jpg

yeah thats main thing...and luckily the other car wasnt going the speed limit (which is 40mph down that stretch) as she'd just pulled out of the same juncton he had a few seconds earlier...still probs a 20mph hit though.

matt saw it coming, said he looked in his rear view mirror, knew the car wasnt stopping...said "oh ####" then waited for the bang :D ....one funny thing is that the copper took that in his statement, so if it goes to court he said it has to be read out lol.

That sucks. Really crap when your car gets damaged and it not being your fault! Glad they're ok though.

bet ya matt was fuming mate i was when the woman crashed in to me fingers crossed for him mate hope it gets sorted if not what is he gona get

I would say that's a write off myself.

Hope it can be sorted though and glad no one was seriously hurt.

Kev

matt saw it coming, said he looked in his rear view mirror, knew the car wasnt stopping...said "oh ####" then waited for the bang :D ....one funny thing is that the copper took that in his statement, so if it goes to court he said it has to be read out lol.

Thats what happened to me when the primera was rear ended, i was watching it in the wing mirror, had me paranoid for a while after with people coming up behind us like:blush:

that's what I'm thinking and if so I'm afraid it will be a write off.

Plus the age of the car and it's value probably means it couldn't be repaired ecomonically.

Kev

Use it to make a sileighty....god I love theose.

not a bad idea buy it back from the insurance if thay write it off, its gunna be easy to find the parts from a ukdm 200sx, plus sileightys are miiint!

gutted to hear about it tho ive seen this a few times and its lush :down:

A few people have said its a write off (me and my bro being a couple of them) but will see what happens...main problem is its not got standard parts on it...plus most of it aint easily available in the uk. :(

just gotta get an appointment with an engineer so they can see it...till then we arent opening the boot/fiddling with the bodywork.

Ill buy it as it is.... collected on a flatbed truck with cash..

Get back to me with a price

lol, no offence Kristian but you aint getting it. :) (im gonna put up a fight to keep it alive) partly as its my bros car and partly because i feel its not its time to go yet :D

yeah you probably would have...it appeared in one of the japanese car mags aswell, just as a small segment (i think when it was at JAE last year)

My bro imported his GT 300 wide arch top secret supra through JM Imports, i work there now and the cars they get in are amazing! There's alwayz PS13's in and Jurgen (the owner) can track down any car you need, oviously i hope your bro and his girlfriend are ok and the car too but if it is a right-off, go to Jurgen and explain whats happend, im sure he can give him a very good deal!! Keep us up to date with how they all are and lets hope for the best!!

An insurance company isn't even likely to come out and see it I'd have thought, Alex crashed into the back of a suzuki and barely scratched the paint on it but because it was over ten years old the insurance company wrote it off. Alex's civic on the other hand got a good going over by a technician

guy came out to see it today :) but they want to write it off :( ...and they are also trying to low ball the cars value...they even tried pricing it against a normal silvia (wrong body type) so they were quickly told where to put that idea lol...so i guess the battle now properly begins :D

Fezzah, yeah my bro knows Jurgen well, thats where he bought this one from :D to be honest for the most updates, youre best checking www.japnortheast.co.uk (my guess is youre a member there to ?) as thats where he'll post his progress most.

yeh i found out when i told my bros about wt happend that we know matt, see him at stadium of light meets and at XO a few times! mention that Si wit the black GT300 Supra and two bros are hoping everything turns out well for him!!:grinning:

yeah will let him know (Y)

tbh I wouldnt be suprised if Jurgen gets a call from him shortly. :) as, as and when this get sorted out, chances are he'll be getting something similar...unless they have a change of heart and decide to repair it. :)

Gotta agree... Sileighty!
However you'd need a 180sx as well so basically you'd just be taking the front parts from this.
(It is an S13 right?)

i agree sileighty's (PS13 Front - 180SX Rear) are gorgious but i'v seen this car up close many times and its a looker, but as you say, you would need a 180sx for parts. Hopfully they will repair it as it would be such a shame to loose it. i work at JM on saturdays so maybe i'll see him and maybe you around sumtime down there. Fingers Crossed it'l be ok! Mark

aye a '93reg it survived in Japan for years, and just made it over a year (by about a month or so) in this country before it got made a good few inches shorter... (though most of that is bodykit) :(

tbh it'd probably be cheaper to get a higher speced import than trying to make a sileighty over here... :)

lol...fordy i'll see what he's planning and get back to you (its virtually standard engine wise -- just induction system.) or checkup on japnortheast / sxoc...as most parts will probs be being made available through those sites if/when he strips it.

solarice, your brother must be gutted, lovely lovely car. Almost bought a ps13 myself a month or so :(

real shame its written off! is the damage really that bad? whats miles etc?

You wouldnt need a JDM 180sx. UK spec S13 200sxs are cheap because they have rubbish CA18DET engines. Get one for £500ish, sell the front end and engine to some on DW, then transplant the SR20 and box, bolt on the sideskirts and front end. Job done.

yeah micra_pete he is (had good plans for it)...damage id say is dooable, its just that those body types arent available as spare panels (the boot lid priced at £600ish iirc though i dont know exact total pricing), so most parts (including the bodykit) would have had to come from japan...

mileage is only about 100,000 km's and it was dyno'd not long ago hadnt lost any significant bhp from new :( ....body seems to be totally rust free, none of the bolts weve worked on have even needed wd40.

main problem is that insurance company has priced for work at official garage repair and dealer parts (which they do) so its bumped it to written off...at the moment, so will see what they say, when we tell them what we want for the car.

one good thing is that theres loads of pics etc so we can prove the car wasnt knacked before the accident...which is apparently one thing they try to do to reduce the payout.

wooooooaaaaaaaaah stiff necks well lets see (calculator out) thats about 6 grand in compensation,thatll sort the ps13 and a nice holiday

Back