MPH dial

Batch

Ex. Club Member
Just wondering whether anybody knew the easiest way to increase the top end mph on the dial, can i fit a clock from the Almera GTi or Primera GT or is it a case of getting my current clock calibrated to the new engine?

Will still need a new dial so anyone know the best thing to do in this case?

Cheers guys and girls

The simplest and most effective way is to get a dial from europe, in KPH and get a MPH converter. BAM - you now have a 160mph speedo on a K10.

Ed

I nearly said this yesterday, but does the speedo feed from an SR20 box have the same output as a MA10/12 one?

Cheers ed, will look into this. Any european members that read this post PM me, if you can get hold of a speed dial from a scrappy and wouldn't mind recieving Paypal payment for picking it up and parcelforcing it for me. Cheers all.

Oh and Ed.........how much for a 2litre conversion? :)

Ed said:
The simplest and most effective way is to get a dial from europe, in KPH and get a MPH converter. BAM - you now have a 160mph speedo on a K10.

Ed

ive always been curious to this ed? Is it just a case of the dial being recalibrated?

It has a different gearset ratio in the speedo. The MPH converter corrects this and then you have a MPH speedo with working trip meter etc.

Batch, you mean how much would I charge to do a 2.0 conversion? If so its a bit of an unknown quantity until a project like this was started.

Ed

Tough work i'm sure, even the bloke i've found to do mine is putting me off until the winter months!!

Would take a good while unless you could devote all dat every day to it. I was only enquiring on the off chance that you would possibly take on a project of that magnitude, you do seem very engineering/technically minded so quite capable i'm sure. Also less likely to cut and run!!

Just for your information in case this arises in the future my quotes from professional bodies have ranged from £1000 (very dubious!!) up to the £3000 mark just for fitting. But as you say in regards to man hours i couldn't possibly even estimate.

Thoughts? PM or post

OK well initally for something like this I would estimate about 2-2.5K. This would cover alterations but not the donor car. Likewise I seriously doubt I would have time to do this this year.

Back