MPG / Economy Thread K12's

Howdy can people post mpg figures they've been getting for there k12 micra's accurate/average results prefered.

Car : 2003 1.2 Micra S

Lowest mpg ive got : 32mpg

Average i get is : 36mpg

Best so far : 40mpg!

All i can say is eeek i was expecting abit better when i bought the car... Everything / I mean EVERYTHING is as it should be, even down to me obsessively checking the the sine-waves coming out the lambda sensors

On the mpg gauge I have had it to 51mpg, that was dawdling along the motorway at 55. At the moment it is showing 45.5mpg but my daily commute is about 15 each way with about 2/3rds at a steady 50.

Car : 2006 1.6 Micra 160SR

Lowest mpg I've got : Low 30s mpg

Average i get is : 42.3 mpg (forever)

Best so far : 60+ if I reset it on the motorway at 60-70 mph!

hypojam: I have had an 06 1.2 for the last 4 years which has the MPG readout on the instument panel. Even allowing for error, which is very slight as I have checked with brim to brim refuelling, I have never had below 45 mpg, even on short runs. around 50 mpg on long trips, A roads and motorways, and I don't hang about. I think you've definately got something amiss with yours. Maybe the cold starting enricment is not cutting out as it should. What revs does it normally idle at when warmed up? Many years ago I had a Ford which had this problem and my fuel consumption was horrendous until rectified.

54 plate 1.4 manual
"pottering" mainly around town about 45mpg
all motorway about 48mpg if going about 70mph (sat nav reading 65mph) about 3700rpm
all motorway about 38mpg if going 85-90mph (sat nav reading 80-85mph) about 4200rpm

Back