Motorsport News

yeah, look forward to it then. Its just a wild stab in the dark here, but You arent Tristan Dodd by any chance are you?

its not aboug having huge amount of torque, but these cars dont get much torque low down. A standard 1.0l will be better for daily driving.

yeah, thought so.....i was just wondering, is there a particular reason why the majority of cars in f1000 are micras, or is it that they are just easy to get a hold of. i noticed on the f1000 forum a while ago that quite a lot of the members were complaining about there being too many micras competing.....

I think its a combination of factors. Micras can be bought cheap, they are strong, you can get parts for them & they handle well etc. Really a good B2 Formula 1000 should see off a Micra but they dont have the same numbers out there. Its partly my fault as the first F1000 I built was a Micra. Many different makes have won F1000 rounds but as the Micra is the best complete package it remains popular

Makes sense, my micra will be my first rally car hopefully, and as its a 1.0, hopefully in the F1000. Im just not sure whether or not to have it forest or tarmac spec.......

thats good to know, which do you prefer, tarmac or gravel? i can imagine the gravel being more fun, as ive already done a rally day at phil price rallschool.........

Well I'm better at tarmac but as we have a forest had to do that as well. Gwynedd last year was my first forest event in a front drive car & pressure from 16 year old son meant we completed the F1000 forest series & it was really good fun & cheap! We drove to & from every round in the rally car. Tough machines these Micras.
Exhaust system & manifold now done on the Super. Pistons & rods on the way, need a few parts from a 1300. Cage about 6 weeks

Thought id check up on the project, i passed me a-levels so ill definately be goin to uni, any problems with the car so far or is it all going according to schedule...?

Yes going well. Exhaust system & manifold done. Pistons & rods on the way, cams one week, head done & ready for cams, AP paddle clutch ordered, throttle bodies & DTA management sorted, SD cage on the way, AVO suspension here, dog kit & LSD organised. A fair number of new parts are being made & of course many of the existing parts can be supplied by Matt. Unfortunately gave myself a bit of extra work today - put one of the F1000's on the roof testing!

Congrats on the A levels BTW

you know the straightcut Gbox and diff. do they keep the standard speedo sensor? also are they the smae ratios as the road car or lower??

Ratios on the way. You can use the standard speed sensor or remove it & fit a sender for a trip meter.
Had a half day of training for junior drivers (14 to 16 years) followed by demo runs for sponsors, no problem. 3 runs from the end of the day took a local up for a run & he asked a question so for an instant I concentrated on answering - missed the line on a left hander & car tipped over a drop. Not much damage until we rolled it on to the good side to recover it.

######... how much is it for the car the license the event fees ect?? basically how much to do a full seasson in F1000 or superF1000???

Its amazing how much spam has happened in this post. In the F1000 series, is it all privateer entrants, or are teams able to compete...?

Most cars are privately built, on a short shoestring, although a couple have been done by preparation companies. Typical cost of a K11 just over 2K. To do a full season of tarmac budget another 2K but that will cover everything - entry fees, fuel, tyres, maintenance. A forest season costs about another 1K. These figures are for F1000, the Supers will be a fair bit more but still compare well to most other classes

im just bringing the topic to the top of the page so we dont lose it, unless someone wants to make a new topic to continue this one.....?

Got the gear ratios as promised;
1st 3.083
2nd 2.214
3rd 1.75
4th 1.4
5th 1.227
Final drive 3.845
May have to get a 4.7 final drive made. Dont really need 135mph top speed. Other than that nice ratios.

I was just wondering, have you got any pics of the car so far, just to give me a idea what it will look lik..?

hahah ok, as long as you dont need to keep the project secret, there are many rying eyes on here, like that ollie......

Also,have you decided on what colour the car is gonna be? if not then may I suggest black and orange, they go well together........

Not really any secrets. I realise that as a complete car there may not be many built here but some of the components should be of use. As for colour, probably white initially but could change later. Interesting day at Weeton camp today, single venue tarmac rally with 58 entries - first F1000 finished
15th overall with an Impreza turbo 2 places behind.

hahaha, sounds good, the impreza didnt have a problem though did it? Although, in saying that, i once saw a British rally cross event at croft, and in one of the races, a mitsubishi lancer was being beaten by two old minis...legendary race.....

Not sure if the Impreza had a problem on this event but it is beaten by F1000's on most events. There are now 17 Super 1000's being built, about half being Micras. Should mean a few more nervous Impreza drivers!!

at what revs was that top speed worked out at?? on those gear ratios? just wonderd as i wanted abit more top end...

ahh so there quite abit shorter than standard.. can you get your own ratios made up to request? dont supose you know how much tourque these boxes can handel do you??

The box will take all the torque a 1300 can throw at it so even a full spec Super 1000 wont do any harm. We have a company that will make alternative final drives but dont have the price yet. 4.7 seems to be the limit without weakening the pinion then for faster events like North Humberside we can go up to 14" wheels to raise the gearing

ive been havin trouble with my internet for over a week, so havent been on for a while. whats the chance of the car being ready by end of september, start of october? im meant to be doing a three day weekend thing with the uni around then, and i dont want to miss seeing the car when its running

Still on schedule for the Cambrian rally, 4th November & possibly for the Bulldog 2 weeks before. In the meantime we are competing on the Plains rally tomorrow in F1000. Will sort some pics of the S1000 build when I get 5 mins.

Back