Mig welder

It really depends on how much welding you intend to do mate. Clarke isn't a very good make. I would go down to your local welding supply and ask them about second hand welders they have.

I got one off ebay brand new for £250 hadn't heard of the make before, powerking I think

Got it to do the sill and its done them as well as some bits behind the rear bumper and gearstick, de-sunroofed and fitted front lower beam :)
Very handy to have lying around. If youve got a lot of work to do it will pay for itself at that price :)

Ill check my ebay an post a link if there still on :)

Thanks guys.
I just want one to do little bits and pieces with.
Are there any particular makes that are better than others?
I have about £250 to spend for a second hand unit

You should be able to pick up something suitable for less than £100 (2nd hand).
Make sure you see it working before shelling out and get a good auto-darkening face shield.
You need one that will get down to 25 amps for auto work.
I have a Cebora (Snap-on) 130 which will do thin panel work and chassis stuff without problems (0.5mm to 3mm).

Agree with micra biker. Its about the low amps you pay high money to buy high amp welders to weld thick metal. For car repair work the panels are thin so require low amps I got my 2nd hand clarke for under 100 and is ideal for diy home stuff.

You should be able to pick up something suitable for less than £100 (2nd hand).
Make sure you see it working before shelling out and get a good auto-darkening face shield.
You need one that will get down to 25 amps for auto work.
I have a Cebora (Snap-on) 130 which will do thin panel work and chassis stuff without problems (0.5mm to 3mm).

Thanks mate, that's really useful info :)

Back