• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Micra K13, 2012 - Rain water at the rear seat footwells.

Hi

I have a Micra K13 2012 4 door,.

I have noticed that there is a lot of rain water the rear seat footwells and the carpets are soaked.

There is no sunroof on the car and all window and door seals are fine and windows are closed.

I have read that this is common problem with Micra’s and it can sometimes be water entering in from the back headlights, is this true?

Pls can someone advise what the problem is?

Thanks

Hi

I have a Micra K13 2012 4 door,.

I have noticed that there is a lot of rain water the rear seat footwells and the carpets are soaked.

There is no sunroof on the car and all window and door seals are fine and windows are closed.

I have read that this is common problem with Micra’s and it can sometimes be water entering in from the back headlights, is this true?

Pls can someone advise what the problem is?

Thanks
Hello,

You may be correct in guessing that the rainwater may have entered the cabin from the electrical opening for the tail lamps, or it could be a faulty rubber seal of one of the rear doors.

Also, as the water has made its way into the rear half of the cabin, I'd suggest you check the spare tyre area to make sure there is no water there as this happened in my New Ford Figo (2015) more than once.

On my Micra K13, one of the door rubber seals has gone terribly bad that rain water enters the cabin often when left uncovered but mostly from the front.

If you installed some accessory such as reverse sensors, meddling with the wiring of the tail lamp region could sometimes leave enough space for water to enter the cabin.

I do think this is a common problem on certain Micra models because Nissan seems to have used poor quality rubber seals that give up easily in a few years even with less usage.

Back