micra hunting 2

CMF_pickle

» CMF Member
Hi Guys,
I just wanted to grab some advice off you. I want to buy a Micra second hand at about the $3000 or less. I saw one at a dealers in Perth for that price but it doesn't have a full service history. I know the timing belt can snap on Micras if they aren't serviced regularly so would I have to get the timing belt replaced straight away? If so, do you know how much it would cost roughly?
Also, I have trying to contact Apex about the car he was selling for a while now but don't seem to be getting a reply. If any of you guys know him personally and he still has his car for sale could you let him know?

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
It's actually a timing chain rather than a belt, which is unfortunate. If it had a timing belt it'd make everyone's lives so much easier. They can snap, but I don't think there are a huge amount of people that have had it happen to them. It's much more common to have a bit of a rattle when the engine is cold - this is apparently common with a lot of chain driven motors though (feel free to correct me on this anyone).

Getting one with a service history would be ideal - just be patient and something will come up eventually. Don't be afraid to travel interstate to find the right car, though it's a bit of a trek to anywhere from WA. When yom ditched his immaculate micra for a patrol he bought his car from interstate. If you think it's worth it, go for it ;)

---dens

Back