Micra 2000 plate wiper problem

Hi I'm throwing myself on your mercy ;)

My daughter has a x plate Nissan Micra, the problem she has just informed me of is that the front wipers dont work.

However if you use the front screen wash they wil wipe once to clear so I assume the motor is fine.

I've checked the fuse and this also seems fine.

Any ideas please welcome ;)

No Lucky yet. With it working for rear and wash + Single wipe on the front I'm thinking maybe contacts or a loose multiplug on the stalk.

Hopefully I'll get time to strip it down today.

Relay must be fine as it wouldnt work at all IMO.

Is there a control box ?

Im not sure about a 2000 plate but theres a black box about 3"x3" under the bonnet which controls the wipers. You could try cleaning the contacts on this connection or get a new unit from the scrappies if nobody comes up with a solid answer. Its located just to the left of the motor

Sorted mate, Just took the cowl off, I think it may have been broken into at some point in its life as the cowl had micra wrote in white on inside of it (like scrappys do)

Who ever fixed it had tied the loom back with a tie wrap, is was so tight it was pulling the multi plug out the back of the switch gear, I've re routed the cable as they should be and released the tension and everything is working fine again ;)

Cheers for the help.

had a horror story at the scrappys about this
one guy was going around looking for the wiper relay for his 2000 micra
when i saw what he was holding in his hand i nearly freaked,but cooled it
he had a very small looking relay that looked more like a computer chip? dont know maybe he was incorrect?

Back